Lt. Commander
# 21
05-06-2011, 06:13 PM
What is the possiblity of giving us more control of the NPCs during ground combat. I am getting tired of throwing a perfectly good plasma grenade and have it wasted because my team keeps firing too early and pulling my target out of the grenade blast radius.

Another pain is in the Foundry; I have seen very good stories ruined by the mechanics that allow NPCs to fire through walls, and strange anomolies that cause the combat to glitch (too many to identify).

Finally, it would be nice to be able to rejuvinate BOUND items so they can be sold on the market (of course, a small cost would be entailed), but that is better than wasting an item in recycle that can be given to someone else.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel64
What is the possiblity of giving us more control of the NPCs during ground combat. I am getting tired of throwing a perfectly good plasma grenade and have it wasted because my team keeps firing too early and pulling my target out of the grenade blast radius.
We are working on the ability to map away team member controls and powers to your power tray which will help with this somewhat in that (at least in the new aim/target mode) you can point at something and issue commands.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
We are working on the ability to map away team member controls and powers to your power tray which will help with this somewhat in that (at least in the new aim/target mode) you can point at something and issue commands.
I'd imagine that's pretty important if we don't have a mouse cursor in the new aim and look mode.

(What I'm envisioning is a lot like DCU Online and there you don't get a mouse cursor except on special menu screens, since your mouse defaults to controlling the camera and aiming the rest of the time and the first two items in your power tray become Mouse L and Mouse R.)
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-06-2011, 06:44 PM
EDIT: /10char......
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Since the Connie at T5 is pretty well shot down, how about C Madden's design as an all new ship that pays homage to the Connie?
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
Since the Connie at T5 is pretty well shot down, how about C Madden's design as an all new ship that pays homage to the Connie?
I think something like that would awesome paired with a Refit Excalibur/Vesper. I really love the Excalibur and hate not having an option for it at endgame.
Lt. Commander
May 2011's Ask Cryptic:

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2424

My highlights are:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Cryptic
Q: dorko1 I know that the refit is still a touchy subject, but could you guys shed any light on what might happen? I understand that there should be obvious misgivings about the idea of the Constitution class outmatching a vessel 200 yrs new and twice its size, but a replica that's really more of an Excalibur class vessel might be able to add something to the mix.

A: You are correct that it is a touchy subject amongst the community and based on the discussions we've had with CBS about ships, I don't think we're going to put a high-end Constitution Class refit into the game. You can still have a lower tier TOS Connie use the Squad Leader feature to bring their stats up to a higher level, but the odds of an end game Connie refit is a long shot.
This makes me pretty happy, just my opinion. Further elaboration was good:

Quote:
Q: JAM062307 Are there any plans or discussions about being able to craft lower tiered ships to higher tiers, such as crafting the Excalibur or Akira to T-5?

A: There have been many discussions about ship crafting internally, however whether or not that ties specifically into being able to refit specific ships up to T5 remains to be seen. In general, lower tier refits at end game are a heated debate both on the forums and internally.
I'd be all for Crafting of ships to +1 or 2 Tiers, hope it comes

Quote:
Q: kirkbot Is there any plan to release a way to get the tos bridge in game?

A: Not in the short term, but one of my bigger goals is to find a way to alternatively earn most anything in the c-store.
Probably my favorite thing to hear. It make me hopeful for STO in the future, it would give me a really fun reason to play!

What are your thoughts on this newest Ask Cryptic? Good, bad?
Lt. Commander
# 28 The Borg are coming?
05-06-2011, 07:18 PM
I was reading this month's "Ask Cryptic" and got very excited when I noticed several mentions of The Borg and a possible new invasion. Dan makes several references to the fact that they about to unleash The Borg in a big way, the first being,
Someone asks it there will be a Borg re-vamp similar to the Romulans and the answer is yes and very soon in big ways.... So newer, meaner, better looking Borg coming very soon?
The next question ask if we will see an STF like "Into The Hive" to complete the Borg storyline and the answer is again yes, apparently the "new" Borg queen will appear very soon after season 4 releases.
The next hint is in response to the Undine and we can expect to see more about them after The Borg make their move, before the FE's for season 4.
And the big question is whether there will be a Gorn rebellion, and the answer is a very cryptic "depends on whether their homeworld gets assimilated".
All in all I would say something big is about to happen and it's going to set the stage for a whole new direction in STO. I'm very excited, but I just hope it's easier to handle than the existing STF missions.
R.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-06-2011, 07:21 PM
hahaha I love the Gorn comment

I IZ SCARED!!
Lt. Commander
# 30 No Ambassador Class till 2012
05-06-2011, 07:26 PM
The May "Ask Cryptic" says we won't be getting the Ambassador till sometime next year! At the same time they mentioned that we are going to get more crappy untrek like Cryptic ships

Why does it take 7+ months to add a ship to the game?

What does this mean for ships like the New Orleans that aren't even on the radar yet? 2013? Never?

Why can't Cryptic follow the star trek is route and hire Mike Okuda or Doug drexler?
Closed Thread