Lt. Commander
# 1 Sooo.. mew map next series?
05-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Q: matteo716 Why is space PvP so seemingly cared so little for? I mean it's the only mode of play in the game that has actually lost content since its release but yet is one of the most vocal (at least when they're angry) community sections.

A: Admittedly, there has been a lack of PVP support in STO since Season 1, and many would say that PVP is not STO's strong point. Over the last seasons we have been slowly working towards improving the system by way implementing a new PVP queue and the ability to create private PVP challenges. As we move forward, the goal is to work in PVP versions of maps as we do Feature Episode series. So look for something new towards the end of the next series.
That's nice i guess. It's something at least.

Still though, we need moar!
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-07-2011, 09:46 AM
The honesty is at least refreshing (if only a mere confirmation of the obvious), lol.

On a semi-related note, it has been nice to see Jheinig (sp?) in OPVP more regularly. We don't always get specifics but there has been some good information and a willingness to at least listen to our concerns.

Last time I saw him he was looking for input on shield adjustments which wasn't received very well since FAW seems much more pressing. I hope the frustration didn't chase him away for good.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-07-2011, 11:06 AM
It seems cryptic is stuck in instance-only pvp at that, but I would hope they at least make it so that completing the objectives for new maps count for something. First to 15 kills is arena, cool. Getting flags or capturing and holding points, cool. Do we give the same rewards to those winning and losing? lolz.

Yay, we won! We captured more points!

Yeah so? The other side had fun shooting us to bits, and we only downed 1 guy!

So? Look, it says our side won in the scoreboard!

And what did we get for it? The same reward the other side did?

Well, yeah, but who cares!!!! We won!

/lol
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-07-2011, 11:29 AM
anyone else notice that there was no mention of the capture the territoy game mode type mentioned?
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-07-2011, 01:08 PM
We don't need new maps, we need new game modes.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Tbh, that's what im hoping "new map" means.. Not what im expecting though
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Meow? We can always hope that season 5 (fleet stuff) will introduce fleet matches....... but already hear those tsi guys will win them all. All your base are belong to us.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-08-2011, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
Meow? We can always hope that season 5 (fleet stuff) will introduce fleet matches....... but already hear those tsi guys will win them all. All your base are belong to us.
Evil Smiley face --->
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-08-2011, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
but already hear those tsi guys will win them all. All your base are belong to us.
I have seen base turrets one shot ppl. We put all our faith into turrets!
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
This times eleventy bazillion!!

Drome