Lt. Commander
# 11
05-14-2011, 12:53 AM
ok thanks for playing it.

i noticed two points you touched on in the game review.

for the borg device i assume you meant the one outside. the Ops thing does not go away because of the way its set up. when you fail a dialogue it remain there so you can do it again. its not ideal but because the set up is quite complex i dont think i can really get around it, as there are 3 different outcomes. you just have to leave the ops tag there. it will go once you enter the next map.

the romulans using borg tech has been a major storyline throughout the romulan arc. the borg tech will be addressed later but they are using it to help them get access to the fek'ihri realm, that was mentioned in the space battle briefly.

the other experiments i did not want to elaborate on yet, just that they are messing around with stuff that they should not be, again it will be added to later. i might add an extra line of dialogue in with the base commander to give some set up.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-14-2011, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
for the borg device i assume you meant the one outside. the Ops thing does not go away because of the way its set up. when you fail a dialogue it remain there so you can do it again. its not ideal but because the set up is quite complex i dont think i can really get around it, as there are 3 different outcomes. you just have to leave the ops tag there. it will go once you enter the next map.
Ah, I see. I was actually referring to the console inside the base, but I'm guessing it's the same issue.

Quote:
the romulans using borg tech has been a major storyline throughout the romulan arc. the borg tech will be addressed later but they are using it to help them get access to the fek'ihri realm, that was mentioned in the space battle briefly.

the other experiments i did not want to elaborate on yet, just that they are messing around with stuff that they should not be, again it will be added to later. i might add an extra line of dialogue in with the base commander to give some set up.
It's those other experiments I was thinking of. They felt less like foreshadowing or plot hooks, and more like flat-out giving away the premise of another mission. I haven't played "The Hunter Killer" yet, though, so maybe it'll flow better when I do.

All in all, it was an enjoyable mission! The combat wasn't as heavy as in the spotlight version (or maybe I was just more tired when I played it), and the side-quest with the wounded was a nice touch. Would've given it 4 stars if it weren't for the discontinuity regarding those experiments.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-14-2011, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolikos
It's those other experiments I was thinking of. They felt less like foreshadowing or plot hooks, and more like flat-out giving away the premise of another mission. I haven't played "The Hunter Killer" yet, though, so maybe it'll flow better when I do.

All in all, it was an enjoyable mission! The combat wasn't as heavy as in the spotlight version (or maybe I was just more tired when I played it), and the side-quest with the wounded was a nice touch. Would've given it 4 stars if it weren't for the discontinuity regarding those experiments.
i dont want to give the game away, but your probably placing far too much importance on the borg stuff. its there for a reason, and i think a very important reason that will later be made clear, but its not the focus of the story in any way, its really just fleshing out the background of the mission, so when the moment comes it all fits together.

i did scale back the combat in this one and i think, and hope, you will like part 2 much better, but i think you will find the story takes you to a place you dont expect based off of episode 1. you mentioned the word 'flow' but i prefer to think of it as a giant jigsaw puzzle and each episode gives you another piece to play with.

if you do play the later parts and complete the story i think you will understand why ive done it this way. Its a risk as you do sometimes create a situation where players are confused but im a fan of shows like lost for example, where they dont give you everything in a straight line. although unlike lost i do plan to answer all the questions, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Fair enough. Looking forward to it.