Captain
# 1 Is it possible to...?
04-16-2014, 05:58 PM
Still learning the Foundry here so I apologize if this question seems inane..

In my current mission I want the players to destroy an invisible object. Now, I know I can get around this by setting an interactive animation for the object followed by an explosion triggered upon the completion of the objective, but is there a way to actually have them attack the object as they would an enemy? Kind of like in some Cryptic missions we have to destory a door or something...

Has anyone used this in their misisons?
Cryptic: It's Nerf or Nothin!

Starfleet Veteran
# 2
04-16-2014, 06:20 PM
Technically no, it cannot be done as you describe (AFAIK). The best way for it to happen is your solution, the interaction with the object followed by the explosion.

You *could* have the explosion be triggered on component complete using an enemy mob group, but as you know, those come in groups of 5 usually, and can only be reskinned as a few object types.
Captain
# 3
04-16-2014, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueeenterprise View Post
Technically no, it cannot be done as you describe (AFAIK). The best way for it to happen is your solution, the interaction with the object followed by the explosion.

You *could* have the explosion be triggered on component complete using an enemy mob group, but as you know, those come in groups of 5 usually, and can only be reskinned as a few object types.

Good to know - thanks for the response. I guess I'll just use my workaround... worse things could happen, eh?

Cheers!
Cryptic: It's Nerf or Nothin!

Commander
# 4
04-16-2014, 08:04 PM
Generally, the answer to 'is it possible?' questions regarding the foundry is either just 'No,' or 'No, but if you set up an elaborate system (that shouldn't be necessary) you can come close.'