Survivor of Romulus
Welcome to the Foundry Roundtable, a weekly podcast dedicated to Foundry missions, mission building and other UGC issues starring Foundry authors Drogyn1701, Markhawkman, Hippiejohn and Greendragoon with special guest Primar13.

Watch on YouTube

Listen on Soundcloud

Direct Download available at StarbaseUGC

Subscribe on iTunes

-- FOUNDRY NEWS ----------------------------------------*--------------

The Foundry was available on Tribble but was taken down
A few new things coming with Season 9

-- MISSION REVIEWS ----------------------------------------*------------

Medusa's Revenge by Duke of Rock

-- DISCUSSION ----------------------------------------*--------------------

The Foundry Representative Debates: Captain Sulu vs. Admiral Felczer
Tech Topic: Reskinning NPCs
The Foundry Five Asset Short List

Join us live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

If you have a topic you'd like to see us cover or would like to be a guest-host, e-mail us at FoundryRoundtable@live.com or follow us on Twitter: @FoundryRoundtab
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Career Officer
# 2
04-13-2014, 05:42 PM
Re: Tech Topic: Reskinning NPCs
As I mentioned in the chat while this episode was recorded, Borg ships (especially cubes) move really weirdly when mobs from other factions are reskinned as Borg. I once played a mission (forget which one, but an older one IIRC) that reskins Romulan ships as Borg cubes, presumably to get around level restrictions. This causes the cubes not only to move and turn faster than they usually do, but also tilt sharply to one side while turning. And, as was mentioned in the podcast, they also implode into the singularity effect when destroyed. This may not be the author's fault if he made this mission before LoR (back when Romulan ships exploded like everyone else), but all told I found these differences from usual Borg behavior rather jarring, if not immersion-breaking.
Captain
# 3
04-13-2014, 08:33 PM
Re: Dialog v. Story: I have the opposite problem from you guys. I'm fine with dialog but I sometimes have issues with maps.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Captain
# 4
04-13-2014, 09:24 PM
As far as stuff we need? How about the rest of the missing contacts? Like for instance, generic Voth and Romulan Republic ground contacts? EDIT: These should be relatively easy to add because the art is already done for the mob groups.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer

Last edited by starswordc; 04-13-2014 at 09:48 PM.
Rihannsu
# 5
04-16-2014, 01:01 PM
so what did you guys think of this? Obviously it doesn't apply to every situation and is specific to the bad guys, but I think it's useful to think about when writing.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.