Lt. Commander
# 11
05-07-2011, 06:10 PM
It may help if you post the offending text here. Assuming there isn't any real profanity in it, it should be okay.

One easy to encounter problem that comes to mind, though, "damn" is considered profane language in the foundry. Considering how often that word was used in canon, by pretty much every captain of the shows, it is quite silly, but that could easily be your issue.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-07-2011, 08:23 PM
The definition of profane used by Cryptic is absurdly broad. There are a couple of other words I've stumbled on which were just absolutely ridiculous. They were words that were used in ordinary speech and had nothing to do with profanity, but someone apparently thinks they do? A word shouldn't be considered profane based on some bizarre slang definition that hardly anyone even knows.
Career Officer
# 13
09-15-2012, 05:26 PM
From what I've just experienced [got the same message and was wondering why, that's why I sought out this topic], the word "urine" seems to be considered profane so you'll want to use another term instead.

In the future, Cryptic, it'd be great if we could get a full list of what words are appropriate and what words aren't so we'd know for the future...or, at the very least, when we click on the task that would tell us there's something profane, highlight the profanity (or the sections that make it up) so we'd know what exactly to change.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BuffyFanForever/Misc%20Pics/CustomSizeforSTOSignatureImagesSelection3.jpg
Rihannsu
# 14
09-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Yeah, the filter has some really strange entries.... It'd be nice to see them documented. BTW, parenthesis sometimes seem to confuse the filter.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Ensign
# 15
09-12-2013, 02:41 AM
I had same problem - was flagging my Project Description as having profanity in it

Thanks for all your suggestions from this thread - fixed/moved spaces, double checked everything, checked the silly stuff

found it was flagging 1.3.2 as profanity - lol

I use version numbers to let me know where I am and what the status of the updates are and keep notes in Private Author Notes

ver 1.3.1 = okay

ver 1.3.2 = profane<- really incomprehensible

ver 1.3.3 = okay
frankhs30

Kotagh II and L'ael on KDF - House of Duras
T'Pur in Federation Sol Trade Consortium Fleet
Captain
# 16
09-12-2013, 06:08 AM
They should just rip out the profanity filter and rewrite it so we don't have to work around the Clbuttic Mistake all the time. I even had to point that link at a redirect because the censor here on the boards has the exact same issue.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-12-2013, 06:10 AM
1.3.2 probably means %$!* in Borg.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-12-2013, 06:49 AM
Profanity? We don't have any goram frakkin profanity.
Real Sector Maps - Online Atlas - for Star Trek/STO
Foundry Missions:
Scepter of Minos * Grapok in the Generals Lung * The Sky Above, The Clouds Below * Legend of the Inspector General (16+) * Miridoor (41+) * Survival Must Be Earned (a Klingon Romeo and Juliet story)
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-12-2013, 06:59 AM
Last post until today 09-15-2012.

Make a new thread if you still have the problem
Rihannsu
# 20
09-12-2013, 07:03 AM
the 132 thing is more of an injoke than profanity.... It has to do with how that number looks when converted to 10-digit binary... yeah its THAT obscure.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Closed Thread