Lt. Commander
# 1 There always has to be one....
05-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Like I said, there always has to be one guy who feels the need to knock your mission off the first page ( where people may actually see and try it) by having unrealistic expectations of what can be done with the foundry....or they don't read what to do etc.

Don't you just hate that?

I blotched out the guy's name as not to name and shame....or am I being over sensitive?

*Removed ..I may be over sensitive lol*
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Everyone gets reviews they don't agree with.

I have one that's really absurd because they couldn't find the door for the mission... despite there being dozens of reviews that at least played long enough to actually find it. :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-07-2011, 04:05 PM
I know right!

Some are weird, like for example I have a mission called "Spy Games". The object is to stay away from the Klingons. Simple....stated several times in the mission.

i still get

The stealth module didn't work

or

They saw me.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Everyone pretty much just has to deal with it.

By way of example:
Some people think Vladimir Nabokov's Lolita is one of the worst novels of the 20th century and that it's advocating abuse.

I, on the other, find it to be one of the most successful challenges an author has imposed on him or herself and beautifully written despite the subject matter.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor

By way of example:
Vladimir Nabokov's Lolita

I, on the other, find it to be one of the most successful challenges an author has imposed on him or herself and beautifully written despite the subject matter.
Perv! Just kidding.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-07-2011, 04:32 PM
I completely understand that as an author its hard not to take nonsense like that personally. But unfortunately, posting threads like this is just going to make you a target for more of that. You might even provoke the person who did it into getting all his friends to do the same.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Not everyone will like what you make, same way they don't like every mission Cryptic makes. If a majority of people like your stuff, be happy with that. I've seen people 5 star obvious crap, so that happens as well.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-07-2011, 05:27 PM
That is one reason why I asked a few individuals on this forum to evaluate my mission and give a candid, no-holds barred review. They will be brutally honest, tell you what bothered them, and what they liked in more words that the review in-game can offer. And I believe that they have graded my mission fairly, which I appreciate.

Plus, you can always refer people to those review threads.

I'm sorry that someone chose to be a jerk regarding your mission. But as others have said including yourself, there will always be one of them out there like that. In my opinion, there is absolutely no pleasing somebody like that.

Brush it off, brother. Don't let guys like that prevent you from telling your stories. For every guy like that there are plenty out there that appreciate the work you've put into it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-07-2011, 05:53 PM
I don't mind the bad ratings, but for Pete's sake, give me a review or post in my thread and tell me how I could do it better.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
I don't mind the bad ratings, but for Pete's sake, give me a review or post in my thread and tell me how I could do it better.
Agreed.

I blotted out the name as not to provoke