Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
05-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I admire your enthusiams, but this might be the perfect time, to point out that this has been tried at least 2 times before that I know of, and both times it's ended miserably for all parties involved.

Understand me correctly: I am not trying to ruin your attempt, I just want to be sure you're prepared for what you're facing.

From what I could tell the other times, the general concept is that in the beginning all goes smoothly, but over time someone makes the mistake of speaking about a fleet merge with other fleets, or common rules... eventually resulting in mass chaos and the fleets involved breaking apart.

I wasn't involved in the process, but I observed it from the distance, and it wasn't pretty.

I hope you guys get this going, I really do, but be aware of theese issues, and make sure that theese issues are off the table and cleared before you go into other topics... "Are we working towards a total fleet", "Are we going to have a common rulebook"... Stuff like that.

Make sure everyone understands it.

It's just a word of advice... Use it or don't...

Good luck.
i was involved with one of the fleets that attempted this, sons of kayless, we were allying with another fleet(been a long time) eventually what seemed to happen, at least on my part is that the fleets tried to control each other, that is exactly what i hope to avoid. as for unified forum postings, what i mean is coordinated forum postings from members of all guilds involved making sure the members know when a possibly important thread is up and let them know to post, such as BOP captains getting on a thread about a new abilities, or carriers getting more fighters and such.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-09-2011, 06:40 PM
The Klingon Defense Fleet and its smaller crafting division KDF Trade Coalition may be interested in attending if there is an ambassador which can make the date and time of the meeting.
Lt. Commander
# 23 Lets make a forum
05-10-2011, 04:44 AM
If we make a forum for this event, (just for voting in the aliance) we could set up poles - a lot easier and more reliable than just counting them over chat channels. I am willing to help however I can to ensure this operation's success.

Also, we could benefit by making it less of an alliance and more of a governing body - we would vote on times, ect. But it would be fun if we could work together and not be fully commited to eachother.

The -KDFDC- will be there and I look forward to the greatest success. Again a great way to deter control related conflicts.

As for all you negative "this wont work" people - just think of Undiscovered Country (#6), dont be afraid of the future. This could help us all.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-10-2011, 08:23 AM
And to add, UTC date and time.

0100 June 1st, 2011

CDT is -5 right now. CST -6 will be in the fall.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philiopenepheus
If we make a forum for this event, (just for voting in the aliance) we could set up poles - a lot easier and more reliable than just counting them over chat channels. I am willing to help however I can to ensure this operation's success.

Also, we could benefit by making it less of an alliance and more of a governing body - we would vote on times, ect. But it would be fun if we could work together and not be fully commited to eachother.

The -KDFDC- will be there and I look forward to the greatest success. Again a great way to deter control related conflicts.

As for all you negative "this wont work" people - just think of Undiscovered Country (#6), dont be afraid of the future. This could help us all.
I like that idea, and I look forward to seeing the KDFDCs ambassador at the initial meeting.
Lt. Commander
# 26 Problems
05-13-2011, 04:58 AM
I have come across a problem, I wont be online at that time (most likely) Most of my Ambassadors and Aides are in Europe and it will be 3-4 in the morning for them

Any suggestions???

Sorry for the trouble.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-13-2011, 06:47 AM
I think it's a good idea, I also think in the event season 4 for klingons is vaporware again, then klingon fleets should encourage thier members to boycott fed vs kling pvp qeues.

it seems like the only aspect of gameplay we have any influence over.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philiopenepheus
I have come across a problem, I wont be online at that time (most likely) Most of my Ambassadors and Aides are in Europe and it will be 3-4 in the morning for them

Any suggestions???

Sorry for the trouble.
No trouble, The alliance will allow new fleets to enter at any time, of course we will have to vote on a process/ functions but that will be discussed on the 31st.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-13-2011, 05:06 PM
I suppose this is a disadvantage of having a European high council if I can make it I will see. You there, if not I will contact you later

Best of luck
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-13-2011, 05:15 PM
I think losing any fleet from this due to timezone is going to hurt the whole deal.

I implore any klingon player to join the Klingon Empire chat channel and use it, there just isn't enough of us left to be effective if we aren't united in our voice.