Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 51
06-07-2011, 06:47 AM
Hi. This is an interesting idea and would be up for bringing Klink fleet in as our player base is mostly fed since updates.

Just a quick question are the meetings and event time more geared towards USA timings? as I am in UK and this could get quite difficult and I would love to have other Klinks to do missions and STFs with.
Lt. Commander
# 52
06-08-2011, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawz786 View Post
Hi. This is an interesting idea and would be up for bringing Klink fleet in as our player base is mostly fed since updates.

Just a quick question are the meetings and event time more geared towards USA timings? as I am in UK and this could get quite difficult and I would love to have other Klinks to do missions and STFs with.
Yes times are geared towards US times, this is due to the fact that US time zones dominate our membership, however additional scheduling is more than arrangeable. If your guild should wish to send an ambassador Have him contact me so we can make the necessary arrangements. Times are set by votes and feasibility. if we have a guild that can add members to an activity we can move the time up or down a couple of hours if needs be. While i cannot say the time will be "ideal" it would be better than it would be otherwise.
Lt. Commander
# 53
06-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Hi, I will discuss it with other members and get back to you. I think its a great idea and I am one of the Fleet Admirals (and one of the few regular Klinks in fleet) so I would likely be the ambassador.

Will PM you asap.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 54
06-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12guageshotgun
I will bring this up at the meeting, but I will say this, the odds of us signing are not very pretty. This Peace treaty you want will ruin whats left of the KDF faction by sliding it away from PvP. Furthermore it has no bearing on cryptics development of the storyline. Right now the PvP is the only thing that is keeping the KDF above water, and it is sinking fast.
A new agreement has been proposed a cease fire agreement we are meeting this Saturday at 8:00 pm Eastern Standard Time to discuss this cease fire it is just a discussion and we will certainly consider with heavy weight any terms the Klingon propose we may not grant all of them but we will try to meet you halfway. All you have to do is pm me the handle of the Representative you choose to send if you are going t send one and I will invite them into the private instance.
Lt. Commander
# 55
06-09-2011, 01:30 PM
With the overall population of the KDF side getting lower I don't see how this iteration of the idea (it's been tried before under the KDF Alliance agenda, etc) will work since most KDF fleets have tiny amounts of active members.

If anything the intent here should be to build what one could equate to a lobbying committee for more and more frequent KDF content (ships/costumes/missions/etc) from Cryptic proper since I believe that we can come to somewhat of a consensus that these things are lacking a bit, but we also have to see which of the aforementioned issues get addressed in the Season 4 push as well.

Not to hijack much more but I think that we should further set up a sort of KDF Foundry team for those that would rather have more PVE content, I've made a few basic foundry missions for KDF and have a decent sense of what is and is not possible within the constraints of the foundry, etc, I just don't have the time anymore to sit down for 4-5 hours and generate content.

How this would work is basically if someone has a cool idea for a KDF mission but dosent have the time to figure out the foundry proper, just write a draft of the mission plot, story, and notable character descriptions, etc and send it to a group for a techniclal review to see what would need to be tweaked to fit within the confines of the foundry and if the mission script is good enough, then set out to take the time to build the mission.

Anyways whenever the next meeting is send Viaxa@Sorenzy a mail about it and I will do my best to be there and bring a few others as well, hopefully we can agree to and scheme up a way to pressure Cryptic into fixing the train wreck that is the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 56
06-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorenzy View Post
With the overall population of the KDF side getting lower I don't see how this iteration of the idea (it's been tried before under the KDF Alliance agenda, etc) will work since most KDF fleets have tiny amounts of active members.

If anything the intent here should be to build what one could equate to a lobbying committee for more and more frequent KDF content (ships/costumes/missions/etc) from Cryptic proper since I believe that we can come to somewhat of a consensus that these things are lacking a bit, but we also have to see which of the aforementioned issues get addressed in the Season 4 push as well.

Not to hijack much more but I think that we should further set up a sort of KDF Foundry team for those that would rather have more PVE content, I've made a few basic foundry missions for KDF and have a decent sense of what is and is not possible within the constraints of the foundry, etc, I just don't have the time anymore to sit down for 4-5 hours and generate content.

How this would work is basically if someone has a cool idea for a KDF mission but dosent have the time to figure out the foundry proper, just write a draft of the mission plot, story, and notable character descriptions, etc and send it to a group for a techniclal review to see what would need to be tweaked to fit within the confines of the foundry and if the mission script is good enough, then set out to take the time to build the mission.

Anyways whenever the next meeting is send Viaxa@Sorenzy a mail about it and I will do my best to be there and bring a few others as well, hopefully we can agree to and scheme up a way to pressure Cryptic into fixing the train wreck that is the KDF.
Good, i look forward to meeting with you.
Lt. Commander
# 57
06-10-2011, 07:30 AM
Isn't there already the KDF Experience Project? (I think thats its name) The one that is categorizing and listing all the KDF Foundry missions so that KDF Players can have a better PVE Experience?
Lt. Commander
# 58
06-10-2011, 01:54 PM
I'm proposing a system for people familiar with the foundry to help create some great mission and episode ideas based off of the scripts of the more talented writers among the community that don't have the time to figure out the intricacies of the foundry itself.

The longest part of making foundry missions for me is trying to scheme out a plot and then tie it together within the bounds of what the foundry can do, I think this is the common time consuming component for those that have a decent grasp at the foundry.

So here is an example of how I envision this working.

KDF player has a well thought out idea for a KDF mission or mission arc, writes up a concise, engaging plot with descriptions of characters and environments, plot hooks, etc. And submits this idea to a 'Foundry Factory' forum. Here the submission gets reviewed by a few people familiar with the foundry and caveats for foundry functionality are presented to the author, etc and then if there is enough interest in the story the mission gets built in the foundry, tested for a bit and then published out into the world and added to the listing.

that's the basic jist of it.
Lt. Commander
# 59
06-22-2011, 11:06 AM
July 9th is the next KDF A mission. Give 12guage a shout to get in on the fun.
Lt. Commander
# 60
06-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoav160 View Post
July 9th is the next KDF A mission. Give 12guage a shout to get in on the fun.
This mission looks to me to be a good one yes?...lol