Lt. Commander
Hi

It's a bit sad. There are still disconnect errors while playing STO. I found those very irritating at the begin of the game, but now, one year later, they are still there.

Is it my computer, you might ask. No, I tried playing on my PC as well as on my Laptop.
Is it my network you might ask again. No, I am playing LotRO, a bit WoW and some DDO as well. No connection troubles there.
Is it my firewall you might ask again. No, I have put all the Executables of STO as well as the publisher on the trusted list of apps.

That does not leave too many possible faults on my side.

I sincerely hope, cryptic get's their long time bug under control anytime soon, or I will have to take another year timeout. SWTOR is standing at the door and I am very willing to give this new game a try, once it's out.
Competitors are not sleeping.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-08-2011, 02:42 AM
Make sure your internet service provider plan is full download and upload speed, STO network needs are higher than the games you mentioned.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-08-2011, 02:56 AM
thx for your answer. My internet plan is
35 MBit down
1,5 MBit up
no amount limit.

If STO needs more, I guess there is a huge part of possible clientele all over the world that can't play it.

No matter what I do with my computer, bandwith is a-ok and stability of my provider is really good. I am with this provider for about 10 years now and I can't remember any instance, where the network was not available.

Well. I'll keep an eye on it and if this disconnects keep ocurring, I'll just put STO back on the shelf again. If others can do it, then they get my trust as customer, it't as simple as that.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-08-2011, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNanoc View Post
thx for your answer. My internet plan is
35 MBit down
1,5 MBit up
no amount limit.

If STO needs more, I guess there is a huge part of possible clientele all over the world that can't play it.

No matter what I do with my computer, bandwith is a-ok and stability of my provider is really good. I am with this provider for about 10 years now and I can't remember any instance, where the network was not available.

Well. I'll keep an eye on it and if this disconnects keep ocurring, I'll just put STO back on the shelf again. If others can do it, then they get my trust as customer, it't as simple as that.
I tried to play DOW2 (Daw of war 2) on the net with a mate, I just couldnít connect to him for a game, but I could connect to anyone else.
Found my router didnít like that one particular game...I happened to have a second router that I quickly hooked up which worked fine yet there is nothing wrong with my first router.
So if you have a second router or one you can borrow for a quick test see if that works. If that doesnít Iím guessing server overload in your area.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-08-2011, 03:42 AM
Run a force verify from the loader next time. It took me about 10 minutes but that can sometimes fix whatever the problem might be (to do this: click Options at top, check Force Verify).
Lt. Commander
# 6 Say my man, what it look like?
05-08-2011, 03:55 AM
Brother, I too am getting das-boot...4 times in 10 minutes...me thinks the server for STO is bout to blow a bobby pin. This is usually how it acts before they gotta pull it down for an emergency oil change and back rub (with happy endings).

Its not my machine, my ISP, or a bad luck curse put on me by queen shiniqwa my jamacian neighbor who hates my dog. Did a force Veri..and it came back saying potato.......

Hey (eh hem) Cryptic, I don't crash or get DC'd ever when playing your game under normal circumstances....its not me.

Might wanna take a look see......
Lt. Commander
Hey guys,

Anyone else who doesn't normally DC (get das boot) been gettin kicked/DC'd lately?

I can't stay log'd for more than 5 minutes before server boot.

The signs of server melt down are everywhere........this is the only MMO where I get server stress trauma and re-live old server crashes...........

I still love you cryptic......still might wanna take a look see....especially if this is starting to be a recurring theme...what say you?
Lt. Commander
Hey guys,

Anyone else who doesn't normally DC (get das boot) been gettin kicked/DC'd lately?

I can't stay log'd for more than 5 minutes before server boot.

The signs of server melt down are everywhere........this is the only MMO where I get server stress trauma and re-live old server crashes...........

I still love you cryptic......still might wanna take a look see....especially if this is starting to be a recurring theme...what say you?
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-08-2011, 04:41 AM
Understand that I have to ask: Have you checked all elements on your end?

- LAN/Direct connection to the internet
- PC (Firewall, AV and other things that might interfer with the game)
- Router (tried a reset?)
- ISP made any changes recently that might affect your game?

Once we have excluded all theese, we will have options for fixing your issue.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-08-2011, 04:54 AM
First I would point out to the OP that Double Posting is not Acceptable......Nuf Said.

Then I will ask what you were doing??

Last night I was on, and decided to do over the Breen missions. When I took several of them from the Ambassador, They went to my Mission list as individual Events, rather than as Mission One, First Step, Second Step, Third Step. I took the first one on that list, and then realized it was the Third or Fourth Leg of a Much Longer Mission sequence. I was dropped from the server three times before I realized why. I was at the End of a Mission, without going through the entire mission first.

I found I was trying to Enter the Archives before I got the Star Chart Sections.....Didn't Work.