Empire Veteran
# 1 Tribble of Borg - Where is it?
07-21-2014, 03:36 PM
Today I tried to purchase a Tribble of Borg from the CStore, unfortunately; the Tribble of Borg is not an option to buy and cannot be found anywhere. Apparently this is not a unknown issue, if this bug is still occuring, can we have this fixed?
Commander
# 2
07-22-2014, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark2k View Post
Today I tried to purchase a Tribble of Borg from the CStore, unfortunately; the Tribble of Borg is not an option to buy and cannot be found anywhere. Apparently this is not a unknown issue, if this bug is still occuring, can we have this fixed?
Did you take part in the Tribble weekend on the Tribble Server between March 1921, 2010? If not then from what I understand you can't buy it, it was tied specifically to that event.
{insert features} were confusing new players, bloating the download needed to {insert action} and ultimatley not up to cryptics current standards. We're much better off without them!
Captain
# 3
07-22-2014, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by belidos View Post
Did you take part in the Tribble weekend on the Tribble Server between March 1921, 2010? If not then from what I understand you can't buy it, it was tied specifically to that event.
I can buy it, and Ive only tribble tested 9.5...
VPvP. T5U PvP. Normal PvP. Because some of us still do it... Oh, and PvE advice too.
A pilot able to fly straight is the single most important factor in any build's performance.

T'Rebek, Nalcari, Karina, Volana, Kilaitia, K'Ahlayr, Ririatss.
Captain
# 4
07-22-2014, 10:00 AM
C store but it's only a buff vs borg no marks given
Career Officer
# 5
07-31-2014, 05:18 AM
From what I gathered, the Tribble of Borg was added to the c-store for 300 zen when the game went free to play. I purchased 1 in November 2012 and to this day is has been permanently missing from the c-store, despite the text info in the shop indicating you can buy as many as you want, but can only have 1 per character. Edit: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Tribble_of_Borg
Quote:
NOTES: This is a Tribble Server reward. Players who participated in the Tribble Weekend from March 1921, 2010 can claim their free Tribble of Borg (as well as a Crash Test Tribble player title) by unlocking it in the C-Store. It is purchasable in the C-Store for 300 Zen. Additionally, it is available from the Newegg.com Logitech bundle.

Here is my post from December 15, 2012 (screenshot links still work) http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...61#post7105161 About a month and a half later I purposely necroed the thread due to the problem still not being fixed and the thread was closed.

A thread from earlier that year started April 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...t=tribble+borg

This has been a long friggen problem and still not fixed. To this day, a year and a half since I purchased one, it's still not available for purchase in the c-store and I have checked multiple times on all 11 characters on occasion.

Just another example of being met with complete silence on a very long standing issue that needs to be fixed, or at the very least Cryptic can come out and say "You can only purchase 1 per account and that's intended" or something.
I use to be with it. But I don't remember what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me.

Last edited by monkeybone13; 07-31-2014 at 05:29 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
07-31-2014, 08:35 AM
It's on the Exchange.
NO to ARC

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Captain
# 7
07-31-2014, 11:00 AM
Is it no longer under the legacy tab? That is where I last saw it. Granted I haven't gone looking for it for over a year.
Super Moderator
# 8
07-31-2014, 11:52 AM
Those that got it as the test reward unlock in 2010 can find it under the legacy menu of the c-store.

As for others - are you trying to find them on a brand new character or a character that has some levels? (10+)
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Captain
# 9
07-31-2014, 08:32 PM
I think Tribbles now fall under the Personnel tab of the C-Store. The Undine Tribble is there too, along with Hortas.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yang Xiao Long
At least you two have something that drives you. I've just always, gone with the flow, you know.
Career Officer
# 10
08-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler2 View Post
I think Tribbles now fall under the Personnel tab of the C-Store. The Undine Tribble is there too, along with Hortas.
Personnel>All and Companions

The fluidic tribble and golden tribble have been there for a really long time. The IDIC tribble was added some time last year. These are the only tribbles I'm seeing in the c-store for purchase.

I think I'm being ignored. I don't know how I can be more clear about this. After purchasing a single tribble of borg from the c-store in November 2012, it no longer shows up for purchase in ANY category in the c-store on ANY character.

I have 11 level 50 characters. Some created months after I bought my borg tribble with the latest being creating over a year after.

As I had pointed out in the past, the text info in the c-store clearly stated that the tribble of borg comes packed in a box and becomes bound to character after the box is unpacked. I pointed out this to NOT be true. It came unpacked, no box, and was unbound until I equipped it.

Here is a screenshot I took today of the exchange http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...f.jpg~original As you can see, it still shows up in the personal devices category NOT in a box. If you try to search for it in reward packs you get 0 results. There are, at the time of posting this, only 4 tribble of borg for sale in the exchange. If it wasn't a once-per-account purchase you would see a lot more of this item in the exchange.

I will reiterate that this has been a problem since the tribble of borg was added to the c-store for purchase some time after it was given away as a test reward. And from old threads on the forums the same thing happens to the golden and fluidic tribble, though I haven't purchased those so I can't confirm it.
I use to be with it. But I don't remember what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me.