Lt. Commander
# 21
05-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Now if you where to suggest an act of civil protest... say like 20-50 pvpers per PVE instance doing syncro snake dances in a PvE hub... or something. lol
And no one would even notice since there's so much traffic in those PVE Hubs that probobly do worse anyway. :p
Lt. Commander
Hrmmmm, there will be no boycott, how else can i test out my builds on worthy prey?

Ya know....there is no such thing as true balance........just sayin.

With that being said I will conceed to the need for 'better' equality within the abilites. Yet being abilites and what they are as such, they have their own unique function. As a player it is up to you to learn best how to counter said functions when heavily spammed on you by 2 or more opponents.

Oh and new more diverse maps would be pretty sweet polk-a-dotted pantyhose too.

-fighter spam comes with the territory as they are called carriers in case you were wondering.

-In PvP some days your the bug, and some days your the windshield.....your not really THAT good at PvP on any one given day.

-Considering the massively multi-player money pit that this game is, I think Cryptic could have faired much worse considering the launch fiasco. Give them a little credit, Cryptic IS trying to appease us.

-All things being equal, things are NOT meant to be equal. Thats where the whole TEAM word comes into play. Use your weakness and turn it into your strenth.....as a team....not as Duke Nukem sole crusader of the galaxy to conquer Klingons and do the Capt. Kirk attack pattern hip thrust with hot aliens.

In shortness of breath, PvP is what it is.....it will get better....if you vote for me this fall. Not the game, State Senate.....Cryptic will fix the game, give em some time to clear the smoke from the servers.....yea....thats it....servers........
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-10-2011, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipermist
Boycotts will get you nowhere, and knowing the cry babies in this forum someones likely already reported your post because petitions are not allowed and it wont be long before one of our beloved cryptic mods comes along and locks this thread.

Everyone that wanted to stop playing has done so already, so your thread will unlikely gain any support.

If your paying monthly i suggest you unsub.
All the members of my fleet that where paying monthly unsubbed in protest, as well as alot of other pvp players.

They have annoyed a lot of PVP players with the FAW mess along with the continued complete and utter lack of PVP development.

Oh and btw PVP is not majorly unbalanced, sure there are a few ships that suck completely and need fixing and some ships that a far better than others. There is a advantage and bias towards federation at the elite level but hey its not massively game breaking.

The only real problems with PVP are:

1. FAW
2. Lack of development
3. PVP Noobs giving their input to devs who are also PVP noobs and then listen to that and make poor changes ala how we got to point no 1.

You wouldn't think its possible that the people that actually made the game could know so little about how it works in a PVP environment and what changes to make regarding PVP, well welcome to STO PVP.

Really such a shame too, because premades at the top level against the top fleets in the game was hands done one of the best PVP experiences of any PVP game. Really was something special for those that experienced it in its prime.

As for not playing PVP, already ahead of you in that regard i barely if ever log in anymore.

When i say PVP i mean space, i dont consider lol ground to be PVP, even if cryptic can improve it with season4, my view is that without separate skill trees for ground and space with forced pool of point for each which cant be moved, then ground will never be as active as space.

It is just too much of a chore to grind another toon just to play ground PVP. Skill pools should be separate and forced amount in each. That way whenever someone goes into ground or space you know they must have points in skills required to compete. So they won't be completely useless, like a player with no space skills points invested going into space arena , or someone with no ground skills invested trying to play ground PVP.

Short version of all that, if you don't like it unsubscribe its that simple.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
cant agree with you more. someone that understands whats going on. Not only that but then posts with out crying about it. Outstanding sir.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-10-2011, 06:25 AM
@OP

Love the passion behind the idea but unfortunately the past proves it has the opposite effect than intended.
Lt. Commander
# 25 here here
05-10-2011, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I actually just enjoy Ker'rat now more than the Ques.
the real pvp May we have more ?
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-10-2011, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven
the real pvp May we have more ?
May you have more?
If it was up to me, STO would be rife with the PVP dangers that come from war and traveling outside areas of relative safety would be akin to taking ones life too casually.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
May you have more?
If it was up to me, STO would be rife with the PVP dangers that come from war and traveling outside areas of relative safety would be akin to taking ones life too casually.
Yep.. If it were up to me, the vision I had of this game WAY before it was released was:

Klingons and Feds could fight in any sector and even enter any system to battle in.

When the game was released, I still saw at least the Starting Fed sector as being PVP Free. But the REST of the sectors being completly open PVP.

What? You see a fed flying around in Borg Space.. Engage him!

What, there's a Klingon near DS9? Go blast him out of the Sky!

Klingons that tried to hide in DS9 or other like locations that have federation outposts would obviously be suicide because those locations would have automated defenses that would eaisly destroy a set amount of Klingon ships.. How ever if there were ENOUGH Klingons, boarding parties could get into the Station and even try to invade. Perhaps even switching control to the Klingons until the Feds did the same thing to take it back..

Only 2 Locations would be impossible to take:*
Quo'nos
Earth

The Reasons is because there's too much security/defenses and too many ships in those locations making them safe zones.

At least that was my vision of how the PVP should have been. Until eventually the Federation and the Klingons were forced into an alliance when the Borg, or some other more powerful force began to invade every system.. :p
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Bleh, no boycotting, unsub, be done with it.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-10-2011, 08:22 PM
I can't sign this, either.

For every battle against premades that completely stomp your pug, for every battle against players running cheesy and cheap skills.. there are the battles that are truly fun, the ones that engage your attention and stimulate. They're the battles I'm out looking for, the ones that remind me how great space combat is in this game and the sheer volume of untapped potential it has; if only PVP would receive some much needed tender loving care.

I don't think what we need is everyone boycotting and no one playing. I think what we need is more people playing, more people engaged in PVP, more people demanding and asking for better balance and more PVP attention.

This is why I can't stand people who willingly and knowingly abuse broken mechanics for an easy, skill-less win... they just drive people away and cheapen the experience for everyone, even themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillingMeSoftly
....I think what we need is more people playing, more people engaged in PVP, more people demanding and asking for better balance and more PVP attention.

This is why I can't stand people who willingly and knowingly abuse broken mechanics for an easy, skill-less win... they just drive people away and cheapen the experience for everyone, even themselves.
My thoughts exactly. And funnily its often those "true pvpers" who call others "carebears" who ultimately scare people away from PvP, yet then complain about lack of PvP.

Its like a fisherman who is complaining that there are no fishes in his lake, when he is fishing with dynamite instead fishing rod or net. Because dynamite is the OP thing of the month.....

We need more people playing, not less. No boycott will help with this.