Lt. Commander
I'm not sure if this is already covered, but in one of the missions I'm working on, I need to make it look like an NPC contact is pinned/crushed by debris. However, if I attempt to put anything directly on top of the NPC they spawn on top of the object when the map is played. Is there any convincing workaround to this? I can't give any specific details on the mission other than that or else I'll spoil the plot I've been working so hard on.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-16-2011, 10:57 PM
what you can do is have the npc in some kind of laying down animation "in pain,face first,sleep,etc"
then place the item in top of him, just barely above him, that should give you the effect your looking for, will take some very specific fine tuning, but its doable.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-17-2011, 12:59 AM
You could try spawning the NPC immediately and not spawning the item that's pinning him until the player activates a reach marker that's placed right after the map start (and which they can't avoid running over). Alternatively the object could spawn after the player accomplishes the first objective, assuming the pinned NPC is not encountered right away.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-17-2011, 04:41 AM
I'll see if those methods work. Hopefully at least one will, which means I can get the debris placed just right without the NPC(s) moving.