Lt. Commander
We will be bringing down Holodeck on Wednesday, November 30th from 7:00AM to 10:00AM PST (1500 to 1800 UTC) in order to perform routine hardware maintenance. We will provide an update once the maintenance has been completed.
Lt. Commander
# 2 This is absurd..
11-30-2011, 10:39 AM
First I log in to find this message:

"We will be bringing down Holodeck on Wednesday, November 30th from 7:00AM to 9:00AM PST (1500 to 1700 UTC) in order to perform routine hardware maintenance. We will provide an update once the maintenance has been completed"

So I wait patiently for the 2 hours and try again to log in and find this message:

"We will be bringing down Holodeck on Wednesday, November 30th from 7:00AM to 10:00AM PST (1500 to 1800 UTC) in order to perform routine hardware maintenance. We will provide an update once the maintenance has been completed."

Now I only have a certain amount of time to play during the daytime hours and don't need this kind of idiocy taking it up. Also, Scheduled Maintenance supposed to be scheduled and anounced well before it takes place, i. e. 24 to 48 hours before it takes place, and not just willy nilly when we devs think about it. You already had a maintenance on Tuesday the 29th without proper notification so this one can't be a scheduled one as well.

I hate to say this, but I expect this from studios like Verant and Blizzard, NOT Cryptic. So I think it only fair that you reimberse everyone a day of subscription time for your obvious mistake in this matter. And..

..QUIT LETTING BARKLEY SCREW UP THE HOLODECK!!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Seriously?

Never mind the fact that we're facing a MAJOR update in the next week, and the fact that sometimes the unexpected can pop up during routine tasks, I'm sure Holo will be back up just as soon as they're able to finish. I would rather them take the time and make sure it's done right rather than face "unexpected maintenance" after the Tribble build is ported over.

Patience!
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-30-2011, 10:54 AM
@Wildfire81.

Surely if they're having a MAJOR update, surely they would've prepared in ADVANCE? Sorry to be such a bore but they've taken it down during prime-time gaming for us in the EU. TWO days in a row.

..Afterall, some of us need screenies for blog posts!
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-30-2011, 10:56 AM
I agree with Wildfire81 the unexpected does occur in the IT trade nobody deserves any form of reimbursement for this you choose to pay for this game you are not forced to do so you don't have to play this game. As for maintenance its for them to decide when they do it. I don't boast to have alot of free time I still accept that these things have to occur.

And note prime time in the EU is 19.00 UTC not 18.00
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabouse
I agree with Wildfire81 the unexpected does occur in the IT trade nobody deserves any form of reimbursement for this you choose to pay for this game you are not forced to do so you don't have to play this game. As for maintenance its for them to decide when they do it. I don't boast to have alot of free time I still accept that these things have to occur.

And note prime time in the EU is 19.00 UTC not 18.00
Negative on that Huston.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Sorry for the multiple downtimes this week, but it has been necessary.

The downtime on Tuesday morning was to make some hardware configuration changes that resulted in a significant performance increase. This will help to keep the game running smoothly with the increased population after the the new build goes live.

The downtime today was due to a critical hardware failure that occurred yesterday. One of the hard drives in a raid array failed on our main controller machine, which controls the overall operation of the shard.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-30-2011, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaYaga99999
First I log in to find this message:

"We will be bringing down Holodeck on Wednesday, November 30th from 7:00AM to 9:00AM PST (1500 to 1700 UTC) in order to perform routine hardware maintenance. We will provide an update once the maintenance has been completed"

So I wait patiently for the 2 hours and try again to log in and find this message:

"We will be bringing down Holodeck on Wednesday, November 30th from 7:00AM to 10:00AM PST (1500 to 1800 UTC) in order to perform routine hardware maintenance. We will provide an update once the maintenance has been completed."
LOL

Oh Noes!!!1one and all will come to darkness!!
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
The downtime today was due to a critical hardware failure that occurred yesterday. One of the hard drives in a raid array failed on our main controller machine, which controls the overall operation of the shard.
Oh well, could happen to anyone.

At least it wasn't one of the hampsters dying. :p
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
Sorry for the multiple downtimes this week, but it has been necessary.

The downtime on Tuesday morning was to make some hardware configuration changes that resulted in a significant performance increase. This will help to keep the game running smoothly with the increased population after the the new build goes live.

Thank you very much, this kind of answer is very correct. This kind of hdd situation sometimes happen.
Closed Thread