Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 101
05-10-2011, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezhno View Post
While I believe your post could have been worded more... delicately, we do in fact have far older ships currently in use at Tier 5. These include the D'Kyr, Marauder, and planned Kumari. The B'rel is also of similar age to the Constitution. Simply, there is no logical reason (within the confines of the game), considering these, to not have a Constitution at tier 5.

Now, if the issue were licensing that could be more understandable. If the issue were CBS approval one would query about the afore and why they had no issue with those yet take a marked issue in this instance. Perchance, do they seek to break-away from the loom of Roddenberry? Should it be, rather, that they desire to push forth their new 'Star Trek' and feel that this would in some way compete with it? Until a reason is given to us, we can't know.
Incorrect.
The B'rel is a much younger ship than the Constitution and has never been shown in that timeline.
Though the mistake is understandable since the tech manuals and junk have equaled the ST III BoP with a B'rel, where canonicly the B'rel only appeared in a single episode of Star Trek and was a much much larger ship.
Canonicly a B'rel is more than half the size of a Galaxy class ship with a lot of firepower.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 102
05-10-2011, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Incorrect.
The B'rel is a much younger ship than the Constitution and has never been shown in that timeline.
Though the mistake is understandable since the tech manuals and junk have equaled the ST III BoP with a B'rel, where canonicly the B'rel only appeared in a single episode of Star Trek and was a much much larger ship.
Canonicly a B'rel is more than half the size of a Galaxy class ship with a lot of firepower.
Not true. The bird of prey is, perhaps, the most confusing ship in the entire franchise either from size, name, technology, etc. It never remains consistent. Sizes wildly vary, and it has happened that class names have been switched about at random. The only time we have a 'stated' B'rel appear was in the Next Generation episode titled "Rascals" in which it was not a B'rel but actually a K'Vort. So either it has never appeared on screen or the K'Vort and B'rel are one and the same; or the K'Vort has retroactively become the B'rel. As said, the bird of prey is perhaps the most confusing ship in the franchise. Due to this, it's difficult to make any precise statements.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 103
05-10-2011, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leea123 View Post
The only good thing is the 250 emblems the rest is CRAP. Am so glad for all these days spent playing STO they reward us so well NOT.

And before you say other game dont give rewards, well all the can say I wont be playing them.

For examples the 250 emblems is not much to give and thats a good reward but the level boost thing only to LC6 is pointless.

But I am guessing they will not change. But we will see.....
It's a pity.

The ONLY other MMORPG I play, Anarchy Online, DOES have a Veteran Reward system, and it gives incredibly good AND useful items. Some are silly cosmetic rewards, like a small angel or demon floating either above your right or left shoulder, but others can be used not just to improve your character, but also give combat bonuses. All items in their Veteran Store say "You've been with us all this long, you are special, and we want to show the rest of players how special we think you are". The only thing you need to do to get those special rewards is to keep playing.

There is some reason why AO is the oldest Sci-fi MMORPG and people still play there, even if they still have crappy DX7 (yes, Direct X Seven) graphics. Did you know they are celebrating their TENTH anniversary next month?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 104
05-10-2011, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth-Thanatos View Post
I also agree that precisely putting the Constitution as image is a slap on the face to all the "believers" in either the T5 Connie, which I'm not, OR the people that would love a general ship upgrade system that may allow them to fly any ship at VA level, which is my case..
So your in favour of all but the connie being able to be upgraded to T5? One word.... Hipocrite.

And yes the 500 day Vet rewards do nothing for the loyal player who has been sticking with the game that has changed direction more times than Kirk lost in a nebula... The only good thing left in the game is the UGC which has just been unleasehed on us, the so called 'weekly episodes' became 'once every few months' content. In all honesty I think you'd have been better of giving everyone 500 Atri points ready for when the game goes F2P which is the way it is heading (See C store for list of fluff).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 105
05-10-2011, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
I gotta tell you. I went onto the STO homepage and was really ticked off when I saw the advertisement for the 500 day vet reward. Now, this is probably a big assumption. But I'm assuming that if you are a 500 day vet, you probably have at least 1 toon at level cap if not a couple. SO WHY ARE THEY ADVERTISING THE VET REWARD WITH A PIC OF A SHIP YOU CAN'T USE AT ENDGAME. This has been a very heated subject, and has ticked alot of people off. To be honest, I'm so fed up with the arguing and the topic in general, if I wasn't a lifer I would have canceled my subscription. The advertisement (to me) is basically giving me the big middle finger because I probably will never be able to have the ship I want at end-game. Hey veterans, lets give you all this cool end-game stuff (emblems) and advertise it with a T1 ship that you will never be able to have be competitive at end-game. Lets show you what you want in the advertisement but give you other end-game stuff. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.
Talk about an over-reaction based on reading too much into something!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 106
05-10-2011, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewind View Post
I thought it was because the TOS connie was a "veteran"

you know, an old-timer
You are correct Idlewind. I'm 100% sure this is what they meant.

BUT

Considering the amount of grief over the T1-4 ships being able to toe the line with the T5 ships...it was an innocent mistake, at its worst.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 107
05-10-2011, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth-Thanatos View Post
Actually, you totally missed the point. It's true that most 500 day veterans have one or more characters in their accounts at VA rank, regardless of if they have alts still in progress or even empty slots. He wasn't talking about empty slots or characters in progress, but about the fact that most, if not all, 500 day veterans have at least one caracter at VA rank.

I also agree that precisely putting the Constitution as image is a slap on the face to all the "believers" in either the T5 Connie, which I'm not, OR the people that would love a general ship upgrade system that may allow them to fly any ship at VA level, which is my case.
A slap in the face is something else than a randomly selected image on the website.

This type of hyperbole is not helping anyone.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 108
05-10-2011, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtSmith
And I just hit the 400 day reward lol and thanks for the update love the emblems idea but quick question what about lower level characters what do they get?
If youve subscribed for 500 days and dont have at least one VA/BG then what the hell have you been doing all this time? Baking cookies?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 109
05-10-2011, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezhno View Post
Not true. The bird of prey is, perhaps, the most confusing ship in the entire franchise either from size, name, technology, etc. It never remains consistent. Sizes wildly vary, and it has happened that class names have been switched about at random. The only time we have a 'stated' B'rel appear was in the Next Generation episode titled "Rascals" in which it was not a B'rel but actually a K'Vort. So either it has never appeared on screen or the K'Vort and B'rel are one and the same; or the K'Vort has retroactively become the B'rel. As said, the bird of prey is perhaps the most confusing ship in the franchise. Due to this, it's difficult to make any precise statements.
Ezhno is correct. http://www.ditl.org/index.php?daymai...article.php?23
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 110
05-10-2011, 04:30 AM
Wow, calm down OP. It is JUST an image of the ship! Not that they are giving you one to fly! Cripes, I thought it was something bad when I first read it! LOL Talk about over reacting!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:46 PM.