Lt. Commander
# 111
05-10-2011, 04:39 AM
Well my graphics card and then my HD died so I haven't been able to play for several months, but I've been on and running around the last few days just gawking at all the changes. Awesome! Made a new char to start over and learn all this new stuff (been so long I forgot most of it anyway). Laughed when I saw there's no more "Where's Sulu?"

The Vet rewards are awesome too. 461.61 days here. How to claim the Captain's Yacht? Was closing in on that when the alarm went off and I realized the sun was coming up! Eeeks.
Lt. Commander
# 112
05-10-2011, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Rook View Post
[...]Talk about over reacting!
I'M NOT OVER-REACTING, I TELL YOU!

I'M PERFECTLY CALM!

I FEEL SOOOOOOOO INSULTED!

THEY NOT ONLY NOT PUT THE SHIP UPGRADE SYSTEM RIGHT NOW, BUT THEY ADD INSULT TO INJURY WITH THAT PICTURE!

<grabs torch and pitchfork>

LET'S BURN THE WITCHES... erm... developers.

Now seriously, they could have chosen a lot of other pictures. I guess it was either bad luck or the fact that some people really over-scrutinize "intended" intentions behind even the most innocent choices.

I think no one has stated, and much less demanded, the picture to be removed or changed.

Oh, and about the BoP, as stated, it changes size, weapons loadout and even name for the sake of dramatic needs. It's indeed the most inconsistent ship in the whole Star Trek universe. The only thing it keeps is its rough shape. Even the wings are fixed some times and mobile others.
Lt. Commander
# 113
05-10-2011, 05:04 AM
Allow me to remind you that a LOT of MMOs, including WoW, do not have veteran rewards. You should not stare a gift horse in the mouth and try to appreciate that Cryptic is at least willing to do that for us. Seriously, I cannot understand why you get so insulted by an image choice.

Most games have a LOT of cool stuff at lower level that is no longer viable at endgame. WoW gear gets reset every expansion, forcing us to leave it all behind as we level up to the new cap. It's part of MMO's. Besides, it makes sense that not all ships be viable at endgame, especially when it comes to a ship design that is over 80 years old.

Just take the rewards and say thank you, move on and keep playing.
Lt. Commander
# 114
05-10-2011, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyntersGamer
Besides, it makes sense that not all ships be viable at endgame, especially when it comes to a ship design that is over 80 years old.
Except for the fact that we have ships at tier 5 that are more than four times that old. So I would then submit that, no, it does not make sense to not have every ship at tier 5 (especially when you consider that it is merely a game mechanic and all ships in the game are serving in the same capacity as one another within the story).
Lt. Commander
# 115
05-10-2011, 05:24 AM
Sounds great. 250 emblems will let me try some new loadouts. And I want to see those KDF capes!
Lt. Commander
# 116
05-10-2011, 05:27 AM
admitantly, im not the biggest fan of a t5 connie, however, im one who really doesnt care... if it means getting the rest of the fleet such as sabre, akira, nova, olympic (especially olympic since it is from this time frame anyways lol) and others up to t5 then i say its a small price to pay. however, people need to stop nerd raging over it, cause cryptic said it is cbs who will not license them to do it.. get over it, move on, and find something constructive to argue about. its a licensing issue, you know they would do it if they could. i mean they have spent in my opinion way too much time developing outdated material such as connie bridges, and clothes from that era... im sure they thought they were going to do it, then got slapped down.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
Lt. Commander
# 117
05-10-2011, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezhno View Post
Except for the fact that we have ships at tier 5 that are more than four times that old. So I would then submit that, no, it does not make sense to not have every ship at tier 5 (especially when you consider that it is merely a game mechanic and all ships in the game are serving in the same capacity as one another within the story).
Ok, now that you have carefully dissected a comment in passing, how about addressing my core argument that most MMO's do not even have vet rewards?

Besides, I am willing to bet if they had chosen a different image, people would complain about something else in those rewards. I just don't understand why people greet every news with complaints.
Lt. Commander
# 118
05-10-2011, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
And I want to see those KDF capes!
I second this motion.
Lt. Commander
# 119
05-10-2011, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystyrys View Post
Well my graphics card and then my HD died so I haven't been able to play for several months, but I've been on and running around the last few days just gawking at all the changes. Awesome! Made a new char to start over and learn all this new stuff (been so long I forgot most of it anyway). Laughed when I saw there's no more "Where's Sulu?"

The Vet rewards are awesome too. 461.61 days here. How to claim the Captain's Yacht? Was closing in on that when the alarm went off and I realized the sun was coming up! Eeeks.
were you get the other Shuttles too and new Ships and in same room
Lt. Commander
# 120
05-10-2011, 05:32 AM
great
thx Cryptic,looking forward for this

Best Regards