Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 121
05-10-2011, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyntersGamer
Allow me to remind you that a LOT of MMOs, including WoW, do not have veteran rewards. You should not stare a gift horse in the mouth and try to appreciate that Cryptic is at least willing to do that for us. Seriously, I cannot understand why you get so insulted by an image choice.

Most games have a LOT of cool stuff at lower level that is no longer viable at endgame. WoW gear gets reset every expansion, forcing us to leave it all behind as we level up to the new cap. It's part of MMO's. Besides, it makes sense that not all ships be viable at endgame, especially when it comes to a ship design that is over 80 years old.

Just take the rewards and say thank you, move on and keep playing.
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 122
05-10-2011, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryulis View Post
If youve subscribed for 500 days and dont have at least one VA/BG then what the hell have you been doing all this time? Baking cookies?

I'm one of those people... I've just been cherry picking content. Since the game scales, I really don't care much about advancement
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 123
05-10-2011, 05:34 AM
They need to have a special 500 day crying towel.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 124
05-10-2011, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
I'm fine with the Oberthprise. But I will always be on a campaign for freedom of all ships at endgame.
Who is stopping you from playing any of your ships at endgame? Simply go to the shipyard on ESD and change your current ship to any in your inventory.... enjoy!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 125
05-10-2011, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizixMan View Post
At risk of sounding like a noob trekkie, what's the Jupiter uniform from? Was it from a specific episode or soft-canon source?
I'm pretty sure they are a Cryptic designed uniform variant more like a Jacket.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 126
05-10-2011, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I'm pretty sure they are a Cryptic designed uniform variant more like a Jacket.
Or just a small piece as a belt, a chain or headset.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 127
05-10-2011, 05:53 AM
25 days away for me, I am mostly curious about the costume pieces, 250 emblems are nice, but most likely buy stuff and sell on the exchange
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 128
05-10-2011, 05:57 AM
I hope the cape will be more like those worn by Swordmasters instead of an additional layer over normal shoulder pads.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 129
05-10-2011, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyntersGamer
Ok, now that you have carefully dissected a comment in passing, how about addressing my core argument that most MMO's do not even have vet rewards?

Besides, I am willing to bet if they had chosen a different image, people would complain about something else in those rewards. I just don't understand why people greet every news with complaints.
I don't know. In my MMORPG experience, ALL MMORPGs I've played had Veteran rewards. Both of them.

Here:

http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?...e&link=0&id=71
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 130
05-10-2011, 05:59 AM
I actually think the use of picture might have been on purpose.

However, not to be mean towards the Tier 5 Connie fans.

I think it is a tie in the the currency revamp and the ability to purchase starter ships that are coming with Season 4. Using the Connie because, it is the first C-Store starter ship.



Quote:
Originally Posted by WyntersGamer
Allow me to remind you that a LOT of MMOs, including WoW, do not have veteran rewards. You should not stare a gift horse in the mouth and try to appreciate that Cryptic is at least willing to do that for us.
Well besides, STO, City of Heroes, Champions Online, Ultima Online, Paragon, Everquest, Everquest 2, Star Wars Galaxies, Age of Conan, ****, Anarchy Online.

So, what MMO's are you thinking of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyntersGamer
Seriously, I cannot understand why you get so insulted by an image choice.

Most games have a LOT of cool stuff at lower level that is no longer viable at endgame. WoW gear gets reset every expansion, forcing us to leave it all behind as we level up to the new cap. It's part of MMO's. Besides, it makes sense that not all ships be viable at endgame, especially when it comes to a ship design that is over 80 years old.
I agree with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyntersGamer
Just take the rewards and say thank you, move on and keep playing.
I think people have a right to be unhappy over the rewards for them paying Cryptic a lot of money.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:40 PM.