# 31
05-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Relentless Title
FREE Emblems (250)
FREE Extra Ship Slot
FREE Exclusive Costume Piece (Federation): "Jupiter" Uniform Variant
FREE Exclusive Costume Piece (KDF): Shoulder Cape
Title, but the accolade isn't mentioned... Hmmm... ??? Love the idea of extra emblems. Very nice. My assumption would be that they are given out to each character separately, but is level-locked and only available to VA1s, so people will have to wait to rank to claim them.

Also, if memory serves, the Emblem gear is bind-on-pick-up, so you wouldn't be able to trade/sell on the exchange. I suppose you could sell it to shopkeepers/replicators and "farm" that meager EC, but if you have to level a character to VA to farm out 250 Emblems worth of EC... I just don't see that being a viable cheat.

Love the Extra Ship slot! This is great!

I'll reserve judgement on the Jupiter and KDF Cape until I see them. I'm a fan of costumes though, so I'm sure it'll be a cool.

(BTW, when will the KDF get a 100-day equivalent to the Alternate Future Variant Badge?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdidy View Post
...would have liked a Holographic Boff though...
The PhotoBoff is from another promotion and is easy enough to get...
http://www.startrekonline.com/referral
I'm sorry, but I've already got the PhotoBoff, so I'm happy they're keeping it separate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_quack
why no accolade? is this a mistake? you get a title and no accolade?
Yeah, I was wondering about this too. The previous rewards specifcially mentioned the Accolade.
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Very cool! 250 Emblems will be a very nice bonus. The Jupiter uniform looks like it could be good, and a shoulder cape for Klingons? YES!!
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Also, if memory serves, the Emblem gear is bind-on-pick-up, so you wouldn't be able to trade/sell on the exchange.
If this is the case then it's a relatively recent change. I outfitted one of my characters primarily by grinding the dailies with rest and mailing the gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
I suppose you could sell it to shopkeepers/replicators and "farm" that meager EC, but if you have to level a character to VA to farm out 250 Emblems worth of EC... I just don't see that being a viable cheat.
Which assumes the reward is level-gated.
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Fire
We are happy to announce our new set of Veteran Rewards for 500-day Subscribers. We appreciate your dedication and thank you for your continued support of Star Trek Online!

Link to the news article.
And I just hit the 400 day reward lol and thanks for the update love the emblems idea but quick question what about lower level characters what do they get?
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-09-2011, 06:24 PM
You can get Purple gear on ESD. Weapons are 30 emblems each, consoles are 25. They DO NOT bind on Pickup, they bind on Equip, so you could get as many as you want and trade them away or sell them.

Personally, I don't care. The price on many of those purples on the Exchange are outrageous anyway.

Kind of pointless if every character doesn't get the emblems IMO. We wanted a free ship, they give us 50% off (basically). Better than what we expected to get.
Lt. Commander
# 36 66/67 Conie
05-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Why? I want this as T5 so bad. Why Tease us with a picture when you posted it is unlikely to happen?
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-09-2011, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
Why? I want this as T5 so bad. Why Tease us with a picture when you posted it is unlikely to happen?
From what they've said, they won't be likely to do a T5 Connie anytime soon. It's not only contentious with the player base, but also with CBS.
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaming-Mutt
Come on, 500-days is supposed to be a milestone; how about a free c-store purchase
?
I'm pretty sure that's what the Jupiter Uniforms are... unless they release the Jupiter uniforms for free (which they ought to do) and the Veterans' version is special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Obviously an Ensign can't use Mk. XI equipment, but the stuff isn't Bind-on-Pickup. If an Ensign can access the store then people can roll an unending series of new alts and continually buy 250 Emblems worth of stuff from the vendor in order to ship it off to VA/LG alts, or to sell on the Exchange.
Excellent point... hopefully it's just level gated, because 250 emblems per account would be a major bummer.
Lt. Commander
# 39
05-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Excellent point... hopefully it's just level gated, because 250 emblems per account would be a major bummer.
Indeed. Gating either the store or the reward is necessary. Because 250 across an entire account is... well...
Lt. Commander
# 40
05-09-2011, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Indeed. Gating either the store or the reward is necessary. Because 250 across an entire account is... well...
wow I never thought of all that, but then I didnt have much time to think on it....I hope its given at RA or maybe VA