05-10-2011, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
Remaster Pulaski out of it too.
and the" dead of Tasha" too so that she lives in all 7 Seasons
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-10-2011, 06:21 AM
You know, going back and rewatching S2 eps, I don't actually mind Dr. Pulaski. Sure, she's no Dr. Crusher, but she wasn't that bad of a character.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-10-2011, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-T-Riker
and the" dead of Tasha" too so that she lives in all 7 Seasons
I dunno...Mixed feelings on this one. She got a lame death because she wanted out of her contract or something...but she also didn't get to develop that character as far as it should have been.

As for Wesley...Wasted character there...So much potential...but they just didn't do anything good with it. Too bad...Wheaton's actually a pretty good actor....

Pulaski was just abrasive...and didn't really fit in. I think they may have thought of making her a love interest for Picard or something....<shudder>
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-10-2011, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
I dunno...Mixed feelings on this one. She got a lame death because she wanted out of her contract or something...but she also didn't get to develop that character as far as it should have been.
Story I heard was that she wanted out because she didn't like how her character was developing (or, more accurately, the lack of any development). So she managed to convince Roddenberry and others to let her go. Which is a shame, because Yar did have some potential, and if Crosby had stuck it out for another year or two, she might have seen more development once writers like Michael Pillar took over.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
This means every effects shot might need to be redone
that would be the #1 reason why i would even want a remastered version to begin with.
without completely remade Special Effects the whole thing would be kinda redundant.

What good would a HD version be with old NTSC/PAL resolution effects?
i would expect the Galaxy Class to at least look as awesome as it did in ENT's final episode!

i also wouldn't mind if they convert everything to widescreen in that process.
even if only the new space shots would end up beeing in widescreen i would be 100% happy with that!