Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 To Much Lag Need More Servers
05-10-2011, 05:34 AM
I think Star Trek Online has taken , our money off us , and it about time they got more servers .
If they think people are going to play this game like this , they have nuts in there head not brains , if they had brains they would get more servers .I get kicked about 10 and 20 times a day . I am very mad that they take our money and give us not a thing , like more servers . I like the game very much , but i will not be play the game , if they don't get more servers . SO I THINK STAR TREK ONLINE SHOULD GET MORE SERVERS NOW .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
05-10-2011, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopoa
I think Star Trek Online has taken , our money off us , and it about time they got more servers .
If they think people are going to play this game like this , they have nuts in there head not brains , if they had brains they would get more servers .I get kicked about 10 and 20 times a day . I am very mad that they take our money and give us not a thing , like more servers . I like the game very much , but i will not be play the game , if they don't get more servers . SO I THINK STAR TREK ONLINE SHOULD GET MORE SERVERS NOW .
... Have you done any of the things in the stickies? Done a trace route or net test?

10 to 20 times a day is honestly your end, considering I can stay in for 8-12hrs (yes i have no life) in CO or STO daily if need be without ever being kicked, and I know if, for the majority of people, they were getting kicked 10 to 20 times a day, it'd be very VERY obvious.

A lot more information is needed to help yas though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
05-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopoa
I think Star Trek Online has taken , our money off us , and it about time they got more servers .
If they think people are going to play this game like this , they have nuts in there head not brains , if they had brains they would get more servers .I get kicked about 10 and 20 times a day . I am very mad that they take our money and give us not a thing , like more servers . I like the game very much , but i will not be play the game , if they don't get more servers . SO I THINK STAR TREK ONLINE SHOULD GET MORE SERVERS NOW .
I think you, don't know how to use, commas. I also think you, should check with your, ISP.

If lots of people were routinely getting kicked 10-20 times per day, the forums would be ablaze with flame posts. Since it isn't, I am thinking the problem is at your end.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
05-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Sorry but I disagree, the forums do have lots of threads complaing about this and lots of people posting in those threads. Try spending five minutes at ESD as well as people are always complaing there about the issues.

Its down to the servers, I've checked everything, and run every possible test and still this issue arises, I cant be bothered posting up all my results because Cryptic has shown a flat out refusal to listen to anything anyone says in reagrds to the server issues it is having and we just get a load of its 'fanboys' posting drivel about how it must be something to do with our end of things cause when they log on it works fine.

When I have done it all, checekd and double checked everything, and every other online activity I partake in works fine, then I am sorry but it IS something at their end.

Everytime it gets busy time for players in the US European players have issues, we have seen it time and time again in our fleet.

I wouldnt even mind, but Cruyptic must be aware of this issue, and if it came out and said, yeah the servers are full and we are working on it, then that would be fine. However the ONLY time we seem to hear anything from them is when they send out those guff emails about Champions Online.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
05-10-2011, 12:30 PM
No problem at my end
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
05-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Funny I Spend several hours at ESD and have not once been dropped. I get really bad rubber banding but that's because I'm running a wireless connection check you're connection with you're upload and Download speed there are a lot more factors than on there end its also on yours and blaming them for a possible issue on you're end with out concrete proof it makes you sound like an arrogant wiener.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
05-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arm514ve View Post
Funny I Spend several hours at ESD and have not once been dropped. I get really bad rubber banding but that's because I'm running a wireless connection check you're connection with you're upload and Download speed there are a lot more factors than on there end its also on yours and blaming them for a possible issue on you're end with out concrete proof it makes you sound like an arrogant wiener.
sorry but did you not understand when I said I have checked everything?

Again, saying that these forums are not flooded with complaints is just plain wrong, there ARE plently of people complaining about this, and I was talking about what people are saying at ESD, not about them been dropped there specifically.

Try and read what I write next time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
05-10-2011, 01:38 PM
To much or not To much? Is that the question? Seriously. I'm asking because I can't tell.

The true irony is that we're the people with nuts for brains (as far as I can decipher from the OP's unintelligible grammar).

But in all seriousness:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
... Have you done any of the things in the stickies? Done a trace route or net test?

10 to 20 times a day is honestly your end, considering I can stay in for 8-12hrs (yes i have no life) in CO or STO daily if need be without ever being kicked, and I know if, for the majority of people, they were getting kicked 10 to 20 times a day, it'd be very VERY obvious.

A lot more information is needed to help yas though.
QFT. Last night I did run into some lag... but it was the first time in months. Methinks the problem lays somewhere closer to home, mayhap. Doing a trace would certainly help, as opposed to over-simplistically barking for "MOAR SERVERS".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
05-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyp48 View Post
Sorry but I disagree, the forums do have lots of threads complaing about this and lots of people posting in those threads.
No, they don't. There are LOTS of threads begging for/begging against a T5 connie. There are lots of threads praising/complaining about the Ent-F winner. There is this thread complaining about lag and nothing else on the first 5 pages of "todays posts". And only two people in this thread are actually complaining.

And your idea of checking "everything" at your end might not actually be checking everything. How do we know if all you do is say you did it all and aren't going to tell us what you did?

More servers isn't the answer. You don't actually know what the real question is yet.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:09 AM.