Lt. Commander
# 11
05-11-2011, 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
No, they don't. There are LOTS of threads begging for/begging against a T5 connie. There are lots of threads praising/complaining about the Ent-F winner. There is this thread complaining about lag and nothing else on the first 5 pages of "todays posts". And only two people in this thread are actually complaining.

And your idea of checking "everything" at your end might not actually be checking everything. How do we know if all you do is say you did it all and aren't going to tell us what you did?

More servers isn't the answer. You don't actually know what the real question is yet.
Rather than repsod to you by double posting what Rantalus just put I'll just quote it directly.

Seriously , are you blind?
There are plenty of people complaing about this issue, only to be fobbed off like everything is hunky dory. Like I have said before the game works fine during less busy periods, however when lots of people are active its disconnects and delays galores. The servers cannot hack the imput and need upgrading. My computer and connection are fully up to spec, I have run connection tests and even gone as far to run the same connection tests against both other online acticity and regular website browsing. And it is ONLY ever STO where this issue arises.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-11-2011, 04:20 AM
the first thread problem is the person hardware cause graphic lag (nothing to do with connections or servers)
next dealt with problems at a routing hop cogentco.com which most eu users were getting routed through
again not server problem
etc

again you don't post your own action what you done or the results of the testing.
tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com and the nettest

Nettest:
Go to http://files.champions-online.com/nettest.exe
Download this file and run it
A command prompt should appear running the test automatically

For good connections, column 1 and 3 have values around 500 kb/sec (outgoing/incoming), column 2 has values around 20 kb/sec (transfer rate). If the values in these columns is less than what is expected you may have filtering or blocked ports either on your personal network or from your ISP.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-11-2011, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyp48 View Post
Rather than repsod to you by double posting what Rantalus just put I'll just quote it directly.

Seriously , are you blind?
There are plenty of people complaing about this issue, only to be fobbed off like everything is hunky dory. Like I have said before the game works fine during less busy periods, however when lots of people are active its disconnects and delays galores. The servers cannot hack the imput and need upgrading. My computer and connection are fully up to spec, I have run connection tests and even gone as far to run the same connection tests against both other online acticity and regular website browsing. And it is ONLY ever STO where this issue arises.
Those first few you linked aren't even about lag or crashing - they are other issues the player thought was lag or crash issues that turned out to be their own hardware. And check the dates on those, too. Not terribly recent. Thanks for making my point thou.

Anyway, you can whine here all you want and scream "more servers!" till you are blue in the face. It isn't going to happen because for the overwhelming vast majority of us, the connection and down speed from STO is rock solid.

If you want to tell us what you tried to resolve the problem, we can help. If you want to stamp your foot and say "gimme more!" you are pretty much on your own.