Lt. Commander
# 1 Am I bugged?
05-10-2011, 08:24 AM
Sorry to keep hitting you guys up with basic questions, but I'm new to the Foundry & trying to figure things out as I go.

So my mission is published & rated, but still in a "test state". First, I apologize for that, but some mechanics & scaling work a certain way in the editor, but then differently in actual game play. I saw a bunch of threads here about "sick of seeing test missions", but until I work out the bugs, it wouldn't do anyone any good if this showed up as a "ready to play" mission.

Anyway, my mission is designed to be similar to an STF and played with a 5-person team. My issue arises when fewer than 5 are on the team. The space enemies seem to scale appropriately based on team size, but once you move to the ground part, I run into problems. If I run it solo, I beam down alone. No away team - just me vs the world. It's not that they beam down & spawn into a rock face or similar to some of the explore unknown planet type missions - they simply don't come down. And I do not have the option to "request reinforcements". When playing on a team that is fewer than 5 players, you don't get the option to select a BOFF to fill in that 5th spot on the ground, but you can "request reinforcements" & get a security to join to fill the empty slot (for whatever that's worth).

Seems like something is broken. When I run through in the editor, I get a full team of security with me, so it seems OK there.

Did something break upon publish? I don't see a way to set a specific team size & from what I've read on here, it seems some people actually try to create this situation - a solo ground mission w/ no away team - and cannot.

Otherwise, everything seems to work as it should. It plays fine as intended with a team of 5 human players, but should also be possible to play solo or with a smaller team if the player desires.

Am I doing something wrong or is my map bugged?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Sounds like a bug for sure, one I wouldn't mind being able to reproduce to be honest. One of the more frequently requested features is to keep your BOs from beaming down with you.

I'd suggest bringing this up in the "bug" forums and see if anyone has some advice there. As it stands there's no way to select team size for a map.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-10-2011, 02:05 PM
Made a couple changes, saved, & republished. That didn't seem to help.

So if it is bugged, how can I fix it? Would saving under a different name then withdrawing & republishing fix it?

I haven't tested it with other players since this happened to see what it does if 2-5 are teamed up.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-10-2011, 02:26 PM
I have a theory, assuming you are using one of the STF ground maps for your mission. Go do someone else's foundry mission that has a ground map. Make sure to manually pick your away team when the picker pops and beam down. After you are done, go back and try your mission again to see if you beam down with an away team. Let us know if it works.