Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
Yes the PSN is still down, they got hit again over the weekend, and Sony said they will not brig the servers back up until May 31th. This is getting sad very very quickly.

anyway, there is a report of them maybe putting a bounty on the hackers. Not sure what good it will do, cause it's looks like someone is really after SOE as a whole.

http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...for_PSN_attack
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-10-2011, 12:16 PM
I get the feeling that whoever did this is an Xbox fan, just saying.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-10-2011, 12:19 PM
I'd rather someone put a bounty out on Sony.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Well whoever it was, they got Sony to shut down everyone of their servers, not just the PSN ones. I hope whoever it was doesn't start targeting out companies too. This is really a pain in the butt.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Yep. All Matrix Online, PotBS, SWG, Planetside, Everquest, Everquest 2, Ultima Online, Vanguard, etc. subs were possibly compromised. This is probably the end of SWG, but it lasted too long anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipuvaepe
Matrix Online.
Erm... For that game to be compromised would be a feat that needs standing ovations. :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksabre
I get the feeling that whoever did this is an Xbox fan, just saying.
Probably some 12 year old kid that got perma-banned for cheating. Whomever it is, though, they deserve nothing less than 20 years in solitary confinement, with zero access to anything electronic.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Well, from what I've been told, it may or may not have been perpetrated by Anonymous in retaliation for Sony attempting to sue a guy for fully unlocking his PS-3's firmware (which is apparently a big no-no in the EULA).

Just goes to show we still have a lot of adjusting to do with the advent of the information age.

And, if you haven't yet, notify your bank if your CC was on file with Sony for anything and change any relevant passwords.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-10-2011, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Cedric View Post
Yes the PSN is still down, they got hit again over the weekend, and Sony said they will not brig the servers back up until May 31th. This is getting sad very very quickly.

anyway, there is a report of them maybe putting a bounty on the hackers. Not sure what good it will do, cause it's looks like someone is really after SOE as a whole.

http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...for_PSN_attack
No sympathy for SOE from me. Personally, if people who were using it are smart, they'll dump it entirely and move on to other MMOs (like say, STO).
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Erm... For that game to be compromised would be a feat that needs standing ovations. :p
Erm... Matrix Online was shut down years ago. Doesn't mean they still didn't have information on former accounts though :/

Edit: just to clarify some talking points, Sony wasn't attacked over the weekend, and denies the May 31st deadline for the PSN's full return. It may take less time than tthat, or probably even more for a return to full status :/