Lt. Commander
Will we have a fix to the problem of being able to fire through walls bug given the ground combat revamp we're getting in season 4? I know one of the main bullet points is being able to break line of sight to shed NPC aggro.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-10-2011, 03:19 PM
the thing is firing through walls only really seems to affect the foundry. it has happened a little in the main game but no where near as bad.

so the problem sounds more like a foundry issue than the overall tech itself with weapons and line of sight.

either way i hope it gets fixed because it is so annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
the thing is firing through walls only really seems to affect the foundry. it has happened a little in the main game but no where near as bad.

so the problem sounds more like a foundry issue than the overall tech itself with weapons and line of sight.

either way i hope it gets fixed because it is so annoying.
my favorite part of the reviews for my missions is being blamed for being able to shoot through walls, so that was always nice getting a negative review for something I have no control over. It's pretty much the most annoying part of making missions knowing that your failures are a large part of Cryptic errors, but it is even worse when you have to choose a "potted planet" or "wall panel" all the time with no waypoint in site, when you could simply set map transistor up differently the way you want simply by allowing it to happen.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-10-2011, 07:21 PM
I would imagine it will not be fixed.

Its strange, I understand the reason, as explained by Cryptic, but not when it comes to the set maps. I mean those maps are set, sure we should be able to shoot through object walls we drop in etc but if the set maps do not allow for targeting and shooting in the main game then why are they allowed on foundry.

I hope it is addressed, as people using drones in particular run into problems right now.