Lt. Commander
# 11
05-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Hale you're one of the few sportsmen in STO :p And that's saying a lot considering how many people take PvP too seriously and "RAAAAAAGE!" about it.

Make you a deal. If I get scrambled in a massive dogfight, I'll try and sneak a hazards or TSS on you while the rest of LORE isn't looking...
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-10-2011, 04:54 PM
I get so angry when people ram me, ramming is like sooooo OP. I hate ramming. Geeze omguhz. I like Hale though
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-10-2011, 05:05 PM
hale you are one of the better sports. If the game had more like you there would not not be nearly as much traffic in the PvP forums.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
hale you are one of the better sports. If the game had more like you there would not not be nearly as much traffic in the PvP forums.
Are you kidding? In this game for every Hale there are 10 or more ragers. Upping the number of Hale would only up the number of "RAMMING SPEED YAAAAAAAAA!" exponentially upping the number of ragers.

Then again, more Hales means a target rich environment for LORE...... hmmmmmm.....
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Hale you rock. Don't sweat the zone chat whiners. I always find you a great sport in battle, which is surprising since I target you relentlessly
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-10-2011, 06:37 PM
A bit of smack is part of PvP. Anyone engaging in it should realize this.

And those who cannot handle it, well, they have the option in STO to not engage in PvP. It's about choice and I think it's great that we have this choice. (Seriously, if you see someone really quiet who blows up a lot in PvP, think of Wishy and giggle. ^^)

(Mind you, I'm talking about harmless "smack talking". Jokes about family members or otherwise breaking the games' rules is something different and I know you're all way too smart to break the rules in such a manner! )
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
A bit of smack is part of PvP. Anyone engaging in it should realize this.

And those who cannot handle it, well, they have the option in STO to not engage in PvP. It's about choice and I think it's great that we have this choice. (Seriously, if you see someone really quiet who blows up a lot in PvP, think of Wishy and giggle. ^^)

(Mind you, I'm talking about harmless "smack talking". Jokes about family members or otherwise breaking the games' rules is something different and I know you're all way too smart to break the rules in such a manner! )
Without going into specifics, it seems you are saying that the code of conduct in game is different than that here on the forums. Personal insults are not allowed here, but you are saying they are fine in game as long as they arent "too serious". Why is there a different standard here?
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-10-2011, 06:52 PM
I don't play PvP because I know myself. I'd take it too personally.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-10-2011, 07:23 PM
I think what Wishy means is that a little good-natured, gentle taunting after a particularly notable win, kill, defeat, or loss is part of the PvP experience.

You can be mocking and taunting without being mean, crude, or insulting. It's harder to do on the intarwebs without tone and with only text, but it can be done.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Saying, "You got pwnd! I rule you!" would be acceptable smack talk. Saying, "I pwnd your _____ last night, like I just pwnd you!" wouldn't be.

Now..I will sit back as I get scolded for my example.