Lt. Commander
# 1 Lack Of Response/timely Manner
05-12-2011, 12:14 AM
I'm really upset here... I put in a GM request ticket for ingame support and I'm not going on 42 mins of waiting. I'm in the Marooned mission and I've spent the better part of an hours worth of work on it only to suffer a delay now because of a bug. I'm wating just as much in time as I put into. Thats just not right.

I can't help but wonder if this is Cryptic's idea of customer support? Wait.... Wait... wait... wait... oh and wait.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-12-2011, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raaven616 View Post
I'm really upset here... I put in a GM request ticket for ingame support and I'm not going on 42 mins of waiting. I'm in the Marooned mission and I've spent the better part of an hours worth of work on it only to suffer a delay now because of a bug. I'm wating just as much in time as I put into. Thats just not right.

I can't help but wonder if this is Cryptic's idea of customer support? Wait.... Wait... wait... wait... oh and wait.
What's the problem you're having, maybe one of us can help?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-12-2011, 12:21 AM
Quote:

I mis-read your post as "days" at first, which did not surprise me at all. Days or minutes aside, you will need to use the live support or put in a ticket. Whenever a moderator sees this post it will be locked because support is never provided via the forums. Many such threads claim that support is also not provided via tickets. And there is no phone number to call.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-12-2011, 12:21 AM
The problem is I'm suppose to be leading an NPC to a cave to sleep the night out, and he's vanished.. like he fell through the map or something. We made our way to the open night air from a sewage pipe, dodged over flights trying to find us.. ran a canyon towards this cave.. and poof.. he's gone and yet my mission tracker says I have to talk to him... Can't exactly talk to him if he's no where to be seen.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-12-2011, 12:22 AM
Quote:

Have you consider that maybe just maybe that all the GM/Devs are at home in bed or spending time with thier family. It is after 11pm on the West Cost of the US....

I don;t know about anyone else, but when i have requested GM help at a time that they are in the office they are able to help.

So how about calming down and give the Devs/Gms a break.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-12-2011, 12:23 AM
Quote:
The problem is I'm suppose to be leading an NPC to a cave to sleep the night out, and he's vanished.. like he fell through the map or something. We made our way to the open night air from a sewage pipe, dodged over flights trying to find us.. ran a canyon towards this cave.. and poof.. he's gone and yet my mission tracker says I have to talk to him... Can't exactly talk to him if he's no where to be seen.
I think you just have to enter the cave at the end of the canyon, it's been a while since I played that mission though
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-12-2011, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpeter83 View Post
Have you consider that maybe just maybe that all the GM/Devs are at home in bed or spending time with thier family. It is after 11pm on the West Cost of the US....

I don;t know about anyone else, but when i have requested GM help at a time that they are in the office they are able to help.

This isn't a helpful response. Every other MMO I have played has support staff available 24/7, because the customers play at all times and hours. It is more than reasonable to expect help as a new player here. Whether that expectation is met is another story entirely. I haven't personally had need of a GM in game so I have no idea how that goes.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-12-2011, 12:26 AM
Absence of support??? Speaks of the caliber of Cryptic.. Man are there any decent game companies that actually work for the customer???
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-12-2011, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpeter83 View Post

Even if the GM's have gone home an MMO is a 24 hour thing, there's probably somebody in the office who can help
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-12-2011, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWyndre
This isn't a helpful response. Every other MMO I have played has support staff available 24/7, because the customers play at all times and hours. It is more than reasonable to expect help as a new player here. Whether that expectation is met is another story entirely. I haven't personally had need of a GM in game so I have no idea how that goes.
AM understanding that its not helpful am just stating a simple fact as far as i know. Granted STO is the only MMO that i have ever played, but from what i understand the team for STO is kinda of small. Weather they have 24 hour support is to my knowldge not known. .
Closed Thread