Lt. Commander
# 1 Federation Explorer Class
05-12-2011, 09:14 AM
Was looking at the forums about Fed carriers and while i dont think we should have one i do believe we should have our own 4th class maybe with a Unique Bo setup that is somewhere between a Science ship and a Cruiser.

While im just coming up with ideas I think this class should have its own unique feel. Less hull then a cruiser more then Science and less shields then a Science but more then a Cruiser with 4 forward 3 aft weapons 3 devices and 3 of each kind of console. Turn rate slightly better then the cruisers but not near that of science ships. Not sure what ship would fit this type of ships hull and size. Dunno what kind of special trait you could add to the ship if really it should even have one. But think itd be nice to have another class of ship that alittle different from the rest. Not sure about Bo officer setups would like Universal but dont want to take that away from the BOP so maybe have just one or two universal , Lt eng Lt sci Lt tac and universal Commander and ensign or just lose the ensign all together for the universal Commander. Bonus could be to engines and Shields.

Just a idea anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-12-2011, 10:37 AM
I like this.
It could be based on the T4 Galaxy, which was called an Explorer and had a 4/3 weapons setup as well.
*EDIT: Perhaps the Proto-Nebula type (Type 3 with the mission Pod) from "Best of Both Worlds" would be an adequate basis for this as well.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/ar...oto-nebula.htm

END EDIT*

I think of the ship you describe as a DDSSV: Deep, Deep Space Science Vessel, or DDSSC (C for Cruiser).
Either with Commander Eng and LtC Sci or the other way around and two Universal Lts and an ensign of the class that has the LtC rank.