Lt. Commander
# 1 Devidian rerun
05-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Well am not impressed, after what we got for the breen reruns this is bad. You get a personal shield and the the cain but nothing else.

Its good if you didnt get the cain last time but apart from that nothing special.

What do you think??
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-12-2011, 09:01 AM
I liked the shield, will come in handy when fighting against remans I think, but I have to agree with you. Nothing against the work done but having gotten the cane last time, the only rerun episode I'll do (several times) will be the one for the shield. I was hoping for some neat TOS style rewards or some such.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-12-2011, 09:04 AM
What do you expect from a RE-RUN?

The fact we get new stuff at all is good.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-12-2011, 09:05 AM
I think this series already had plenty of awesome rewards to begin with, and I think the new shield is quite nice. Plus, the cane is the best series reward item so far, and I'm happy I can get them on my new alts now

The emblems are great as well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-12-2011, 09:11 AM
The other thing to remember is that a couple of the original Breen rewards had subsequently been nerfed pretty hard and at least one was really crappy to begin with. I looked at the new Breen rewards more as replacements than as additions.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-12-2011, 09:12 AM
In the intrest of full disclosure, I haven't rerun the Devidians yet.

However, I have checked out the stats on the new Shield on the STO Wiki.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the quality of the "normal" rewards upped for the Devidian Series when it was first released? That is, that the "normal" rewards available sans rerun were better, on average, then the rewards given by normal storyline missions and the Breen Series?

I mean, think about it, what "special" rewards did we get from the Breen Series? Tubers/Tribble (only useful vs Breen? Lame.), a Ground Weapon (OK, but was then hit by the Nerf bat), a Transphasic Cluster Torpedo (again, OK until it got hit by the Nerf bat), and a Breen Boff. Whoop-dee-friggin-do.

Then we got the Devidian Series.

Ground Weapon (Much better, even after the Nerf bat), Space Weapon (Not so great for those who already had the TOS Connie, but not bad), a new food item/Tribble (useful vs Remans!? Ohthankyouthankyouthankyou!!), Area Affect buff item (AWESOME) and a Cane (that increases in effectiveness when combined with the area effect buff Item? SUH-WEET!).

They'd upped the ante for the Devidian rewards before they ever thought up a rerun, if they did much more it would be unfair/game-balance-breaking.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-12-2011, 09:15 AM
For the past week and a half or so, Ive just had so much lag that STO is unplayable, and I was looking forward to doing these re-runs for the original prizes to **** it...I have temp. quit sto cause of the lag issue. I'm a lifer though, so I am not too worried, but I am upset that I missed out on getting that Breen BOFF!
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-12-2011, 09:17 AM
All I was saying is that their is not a lot of new stuff, so there is nothing for people who have already done it.

Would have been nice to have had more stuff if you have already done it, coz when it first came out you can redo it and get the weapon or cain so not really much different.

So am guessing the Romulan redo will just be the reman officer and nothing else
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leea123 View Post
Well am not impressed, after what we got for the breen reruns this is bad. You get a personal shield and the the cain but nothing else.

Its good if you didnt get the cain last time but apart from that nothing special.

What do you think??
The reason we got so much from the Breen missions was that there weren't as many rewards as there were in the other featured series, at least that's what i'm understanding from the Dev responses
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uneasybbj View Post
For the past week and a half or so, Ive just had so much lag that STO is unplayable, and I was looking forward to doing these re-runs for the original prizes to **** it...I have temp. quit sto cause of the lag issue. I'm a lifer though, so I am not too worried, but I am upset that I missed out on getting that Breen BOFF!
You can buy them on the exchange, so you will be able to get one an with the large in flux of them over the last week they should be an ok price to buy