Lt. Commander
# 21
05-12-2011, 10:45 AM
I think that it is unfortunate that Cryptic released the Breen FE rerun first and it has the neatest surprises for people. Yeah, when you rerun the Breen missions and get all this new gear that wasn't there the first time, the assumption is that the other FEs will have the same. If they had saved the Breen for last, then people would not have been disappointed about the lack of new loot with Devidian and Cloaked Intentions reruns, and then they would have been really surprised and happy with the absolute zero set.

I assumed when they announced the reruns that the only benefit would be the limited time reward. Then when I saw the absolute zero set, my imagination started wandering, then it was disappointing to learn that the other FEs wouldn't have cool revamped loot.

Don't mean to beat up on anyone. Overall, happy with the current direction of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Except for the new (pretty medicore) shield there is nothing that i couln't have done a month ago.
So i hoestly don't understand the reason why the current devidian FE rerun is supposed to be something special.
Mabe someone can make this clear for me please.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreodred
Except for the new (pretty medicore) shield there is nothing that i couln't have done a month ago.
So i hoestly don't understand the reason why the current devidian FE rerun is supposed to be something special.

Live long and prosper.
Other than you just suggesting it with your post, who ever said the rerun was supposed to be something special. The reruns are supposed to be a way to get the special episode rewards for those who missed them the first time. I realize it's subtle, but note the difference.

Anyone whose still confused, just needs to consider that the additional Breen rewards had nothing to do with the rerun, other than that was when they were introduced, since they continue to exist now that the rerun is over.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-12-2011, 11:19 AM
You get the emblem rewards, and you have the ability to earn the Series reward (the Cane device) during the rerun period.

The Absolute Zero set isn't ACTUALLY related to the Breen rerun anyway, you can still go earn them today even though the Breen rerun has ended, and the new Devidian shield is the same way. The only limited-time features for the reruns is the original series reward and the bonus emblems/badges.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
You get the emblem rewards, and you have the ability to earn the Series reward (the Cane device) during the rerun period.
Question, did you choose the emblem rewards? You can't choose both the cane and emblem reards. I'm curious to see if many people are actually choosing the emblem rewards or not.

Personally, I don't think grinding for emblems is worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yreodred

Live long and prosper.
It's special because people who missed out on the Cane can get it now....
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
It's special because people who missed out on the Cane can get it now....
And lets not forget the emblems.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Any word on the TOS goodies (Phaser Pistol, Phaser Rifle and Disruptor) at the end of Night of the Comet? Are they levelless again? Or are they still only the Mk for your current level?

Because if they are levelless again I might have to repeat this mission even more.

Lt. Commander
# 29
05-12-2011, 04:11 PM
I just wish there was something else besides a cane I have never used and never had to use. Its never come up as something I could use. There has never been a situation I have ever needed the doohickey thingawhatsit that makes ghosts appear. I have never been on the brink of death and went "Oh I wish I had that cane and the whatsawhosit!"

I did use the thingamabober and go "Oh I remember seeing a Doctor Who episode from the 70s that used something like that." And then I put it in my bank. Its neat to have. Or to say I have. I'd rather have a BO or some purple thingy that makes my ship turn lavender.

Or maybe a ground set.

After reading a few forum posts and people saying the reward for the Devidians. It just doesnt do it for me. At least there was something neat and new in the rerun Breen. I know it didnt have that many rewards. At least give something special for the reruns. Besides getting the 7th Doctor Who's cane.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-12-2011, 06:03 PM
I keep hearing about Emblem rewards, and I think the same for Breen as well when it was out.

But, when I chose level appropriate badge, I only ever got 4th Exploration. As a Lt. General.

Is it because I was grouped and leveled down, playing with a friend? O.o