Lt. Commander
# 1 A bounty system for STO PvP?
05-12-2011, 12:18 PM
A bounty system for STO PvP? Good idea? bad idea? why?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-12-2011, 12:22 PM
best idea I have ever heard from my birth until this very afternoon.

you may want to elaborate though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Brilliant! But yes, elaborate. City of... has a PvP zone with bounties, but it only applies to that zone, which is persistent... how would this work in STO? Would this be EVE style, where players put a bounty on other people's heads? Or would it be automatic - kill someone you get X credits, or whatever?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-12-2011, 01:46 PM
If you are referring to bounty as in player Z puts a price on player Y's head to be claimed by the first player to log X number of arena kills, I say no. In my book that is a form of griefing that has no place in this game. Plus, there is no kind of compulsory PvP and I am totally against there ever being compulsory PvP.

That kind of a bounty system would certainly attract a certain kind of player... the kind I would really hate playing in PvP.

However, allowing players to 'bet' EC, GPL, Merits, or Emblems on the outcome of a PvP match is a different matter. We got Dabo, why not?

Kill drops are another form of 'bounty', or at least loot, which can be converted to currency and fits the PvP mold, if not Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-12-2011, 02:18 PM
What the hell did I ever do to you!?!?
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
We all know you'd have the largest bounty in the game.. Because everybody loves to target Hale. :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Awesome idea! I would play more PvP if they implemented that.

I think a universal bounty-like system could be implemented as well, if they were to open up sector space a bit more, adding contested areas and open PvP sectors.

It would definitely be interesting to be able to make characters that could benefit from new bounty hunter skills, items, ships, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Make a system based on kill streaks and deathless streaks. The more you kill or stay alive the higher the the bounty gets until a cap and when you reach the cap and no one has claimed the bounty (killed you) you get the bounty and the bounty scale starts over. Make it living breathing with bulletins on a crawl or something stating the bounty on so and so has gone up he is on a 5 kill streak, so on and so forth. On shared kills divide by the damage each party contributed.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Me? Did you assume this against you?
Not at all. I shoot you when you play fed because you are a fed, not because you are SteveHale.

As to a bounty in PvP. I can not say. It can work in many ways, like EVE or COX or something new to STO.

I would like the ability to rightclick upon any troublesome (but fun because of it) foe in PvP and just select the option: Bounty. From there the game can notify all on the side that "player" is under a bounty and the moneys or equipment that pays it off can be preset beforehand by the individual to ease speed of choice and play.

But I'm up for all sorts of variations and maybe even some accolades as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
We all know you'd have the largest bounty in the game.. Because everybody loves to target Hale. :p
True, so a bounty cooldown period would be needed.
Besides I doubt I would fair any better than SH.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Yes to all of this. Please.