Lt. Commander
# 11
05-12-2011, 03:30 PM
having an auto bounty would not e a good idea as credit farmers could just have two accounts and kill themselves in challenge matches over an over to create high bounties they then claim themselves.

Player bounties might work but then there is no open pvp so you would have to simply hope to meet them in a random arena or c&h so not really muh in the way of actual bounty hunting more cash has arrived in game the team just has to collect it, again not very satisfactory, just oo nice job got my emblems and bagged an extra few credits.

While i have no issue with bounties, in fact on my jedi in swg i loved getting hunted by multiple BH's as it was fun to kill them, tho there were one or two that could give me a run for my money, however i just don't think the game the way it is lends itself to bounty hunting tbh.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-12-2011, 03:33 PM
You ninja posted on me there roach. I would not say player posted bounties are a good idea, I liked an automated system based upon a streak or something. Some one mentioned it above.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Would be interesting, since my character is a bounty hunter.

Wonder how this could be implemented successfully though... not quite sure.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Hmm doesn't sound very federation like does it?

Klingons, maybe..but what honor would there be in accepting money to kill people. You would say a warrior would gladly fight if it were the honorable thing to do, not how many energy credits is put up on a mark.

Bounty hunting worked in StarWars Galaxies, I don't see it having much of a place in StarTrek..
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-12-2011, 07:38 PM
If the bounty is paid from the players bank whom placed it then how do the farmers make any money? They would still have to farm for EC anyways to get the EC or whatever to place the bounty.

UNless they are all ninja master pvp'ers and suddenly erupt in a flurry of deadly bounty hunting.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Bounty hunters... now that is an interesting idea.

I'm not sure if I like they idea of players setting up a bounty for others players. There might be too many possibilities to grieve others or to abuse it in one way or another. Setting up a bounty for other Fleets might be problematic too. Still you could say if someone enters PvP (or PvPvE) he will be shoot anyway no matter if there is a bounty or not.

I would prefer if a bounty is introduced together with some kind of ranking system and open PvP. The higher you rank the higher the bounty and at the same time the bigger the difference in the rank the higher the bounty (eg: rank 100 will get more money/items/emblems... than rank 20 killing the top player). Also there should be a CD to prevent farming the bounty of the same player over and over again (12hour CD?).

The other idea someone mentioned (betting at the outcome of a PvP) sounds pretty good too. Sadly I see currently no way how to do this. You would have to prearrange the fights and make them public so everyone can bet. Also it would be nice to have some way to watch the fight.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Bounties are somewhat Un-Star-Trekish thought.... (at least from FED side perspective)

They just should make a simple zone like Ker'rat with asteroids, wrecks, nebulas, gas pockets and other kind of ****. Feds spawn on one side, Klingons on other side. Add some PVP accolades in this zone with some sort of rewards (throphies, unlocks, stuff what ever)

And lets shoot on each other endlessly...
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-13-2011, 12:46 AM
Can I collect my own bounty? Should be in the range of eleventy gazillion credits amirite?
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-13-2011, 02:10 AM
Hi,

a bounty system can easily ruin the game for many players. Even you include a cool down it can be misused. The only acceptable way for me would be if the target needs to acknowledge being a target. However, secret agreements between the target and the hunter can easily ruin the bounty system.

Also an open betting system can easily be manipulated, as we all know very well from the real world. However, betting takes already place in STO. Single players or teams already offer a bet or price if somebody can beat them. This kind of bet can not be misused (or?). It might be possible to promote such bets by the establishment of an official bet-bank (not bad-bank ). Both parties will announce their fight at the bank and if both have deposited the money the fight will start. The price will be than automatically transferred to the winner. What's about that?

Welan
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-13-2011, 03:52 AM
I wonder what Hale would think of this idea?