Lt. Commander
Podcast UGC checks in with Executive Producer Dan Stahl. Give it a listen and keep informed of the latest STO and Foundry updates.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Very very cool love the show its awesome
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-12-2011, 03:19 PM
The interview starts at 26:40 if you want to skip ahead, but the questions start at 28 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-12-2011, 03:28 PM
thanks for the links BF.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Is user-made voiceover something that could potentially be a reality as a result of in-game chat integration, perhaps?

Since it's in-client and connected to Cryptic's servers and the EULA seems like it could handle voice submissions/property issues (if Youtube can do it, you guys can), well...

You're using a few hundred megs per Foundry mission as is. A quick glance shows that a 10 minute MP4 a friend sent me is 20 megs. 5 to 10 minutes total recording time per mission seems possible and, with in-game chat features, I'd think you could maybe stream the user VO through in-game voicechat with the right tools in place.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Nice interview.

I was the one that had that signature, back in February, during the One Year Anniversary.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Is user-made voiceover something that could potentially be a reality as a result of in-game chat integration, perhaps?

Since it's in-client and connected to Cryptic's servers and the EULA seems like it could handle voice submissions/property issues (if Youtube can do it, you guys can), well...

You're using a few hundred megs per Foundry mission as is. A quick glance shows that a 10 minute MP4 a friend sent me is 20 megs. 5 to 10 minutes total recording time per mission seems possible and, with in-game chat features, I'd think you could maybe stream the user VO through in-game voicechat with the right tools in place.
I think Cryptic should really look into the text to voice software that's out there. It's getting pretty advanced, and it would allow Cyptic to apply a word filter. For an example of this text to voice stuff, check out Galactrix's Syndicate Extraction trailer: http://starbaseugc.com/wiki/index.ph...ate_Extraction
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
I think Cryptic should really look into the text to voice software that's out there. It's getting pretty advanced, and it would allow Cyptic to apply a word filter. For an example of this text to voice stuff, check out Galactrix's Syndicate Extraction trailer: http://starbaseugc.com/wiki/index.ph...ate_Extraction
I agree aboyt text-to-speech software, sure.

I just want to use my USB mic and theater degree for something in STO. :-)
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-12-2011, 06:20 PM
ok. since release, that was probably one of the better interview.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-12-2011, 08:24 PM
Thank you all, and thanks again to DStahl for making himself available to undergo our questions. We had such a great time and he was an incredible guest!

Glad that many of you seemed to enjoy it as well!

And Peregrine - I love that I now know who had that sig!

t