Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 51
05-16-2011, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
hmmm... can I paint it gold ? :O
Yeah totally.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 52 Check Mate
05-16-2011, 08:26 AM
Another one if these huh. Well the answer has been given.

Everything in the game is based upon percentages. Your captain brings a certain percentage to the game as well as your boff's. Well while most want to try a new approach it is still to the factor you wish for this connie.

Original story has the ship of the ncc 1701 retiring. In all respect this is one of the last ships in service around the time.

while you wish to ignore all lore and canon of the connie. I wont try to reason with someone who does not see reason even after a No was issued.

The connie is in the game. If you wish to play it at end game. Then add the end game equipment into the ship. The slots are as to the ships generations. So you try and compare the excelsior to the connie. Please do not forget the ds9 that shows the lokota in game as being upgraded and going up against the defiant.

as for the klingons they do not upgrade their ship designs to often. DS9 showed that alot. They love their tradition as well as their designs concepts call for thicker hulls rather then fancy concepts. The federation and the romulans are the only races who have updated their major ship designs.

Your arguments in general is to add more slots to the current connie. This is the only logical reason to your T5 or upgrade as you level up.

My last statement is to the fact that even a famous captain knew when it was time to upgrade and change ships. Did we forget the enterprise D was destroyed and the E is a whole new ship design. This statement was to the fact that a good captain knows when to take advantage of new concepts. If you wish to play in a connie and level up in such then just change your equipment to match the lvl you are at. This is the logical stage of keeping the connie and still playing as a admiral. Not a wise admiral but a admiral in a connie.

Try this out before you try and mask the reason why you want the connie upgraded.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 53
05-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
Someone give me a phone number of the representative of Star Trek to CBS. I want to have a nice long conversation with him with coffee.
Hmmm I'm sure you could change his mind.....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 54 hahahahahaha
05-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlightracer View Post
Hmmm I'm sure you could change his mind.....
Would the conversation go like this

(you)Hi mr rep. We want a T5 constitution in the game please.

(CBS)But we allowed cryptic to use the constitution in the game. You can play it at any rank except ensign from what i hear. For ensign we suggest you get the Tos version to role play.

(you)But I want a T5 constitution.

(CBS) You have a constitution as it was from the film. "Click"

(you)But I want it to battle a soverign or defiant.

(CBS) You have a constitution as it was from the film.

(you)But I want it to fly it in vice admiral missions.

(CBS) You have a constitution as it was from the film.

(you)But I want it to have more slots.

(CBS) You have a constitution as it was from the film.


you then start to realize after an hour that you were speaking to an automated machine from CBS that knew you would call. lol

i couldnt resist
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 55
05-16-2011, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
Another one if these huh. Well the answer has been given.

Everything in the game is based upon percentages. Your captain brings a certain percentage to the game as well as your boff's. Well while most want to try a new approach it is still to the factor you wish for this connie.

Original story has the ship of the ncc 1701 retiring. In all respect this is one of the last ships in service around the time.

while you wish to ignore all lore and canon of the connie. I wont try to reason with someone who does not see reason even after a No was issued.

The connie is in the game. If you wish to play it at end game. Then add the end game equipment into the ship. The slots are as to the ships generations. So you try and compare the excelsior to the connie. Please do not forget the ds9 that shows the lokota in game as being upgraded and going up against the defiant.

as for the klingons they do not upgrade their ship designs to often. DS9 showed that alot. They love their tradition as well as their designs concepts call for thicker hulls rather then fancy concepts. The federation and the romulans are the only races who have updated their major ship designs.

Your arguments in general is to add more slots to the current connie. This is the only logical reason to your T5 or upgrade as you level up.

My last statement is to the fact that even a famous captain knew when it was time to upgrade and change ships. Did we forget the enterprise D was destroyed and the E is a whole new ship design. This statement was to the fact that a good captain knows when to take advantage of new concepts. If you wish to play in a connie and level up in such then just change your equipment to match the lvl you are at. This is the logical stage of keeping the connie and still playing as a admiral. Not a wise admiral but a admiral in a connie.

Try this out before you try and mask the reason why you want the connie upgraded.
The fact is that this is a game based off of a fanciful dream. Its a make beleive world where we can all come and be the capt of our little world. All Ive done is show that age is no excuse in this case. And they havent really said no yet...you should read what they have said...as stated.." I don't think "...so there is hope.

Plus, since this is a fanciful game, the issue really is freedom of choice and if enough players want to fly a pink unicorn with wagon wheels, well, then by jove one better darn well be made available.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 56
05-16-2011, 10:01 AM
(you)Hi mr rep. We want a T5 constitution refit for endgame , just like the Excelsior, and many other class of ships.

(CBS)But we allowed cryptic to use the constitution already. Just as it is from the film.

(you)But whats the harm in doing for the Constitution what you have to many others already?

(CBS) You have a constitution as it was from the film. "Click

(you) What about the Vulcan Sci ship? Why did you refit that?

(CBS) You have a constituti....errr...well...to make a buck.

(you) And the Excelsior?

(CBS) Again, to make a buck.

(you) so whats your real reason for doing things?

(CBS) Well, we will try whatever we can to squeeze a buck out of this IP.

(you) well, unless you are allergic to making more, you should put the Connie in as and endgame choice.It would probably outsell all other ships 2 to 1.

(CBS) hmmm, well, we are here to make a buck...

Then you start to realize that all the arguments so far defy logic and ppl really seem to just have something against giving players more choice.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 57
05-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post

(CBS) You have a constitution as it was from the film.
actually, I kind of don't... visual components aside, because there are lots of graphical errors in this existing movie and TOS Connies, The movie one had 12 phaser banks... depending on how you count them ... not to mention about double the crew compliment compliment of the STO one... either they made those crew compartments REALLY big, or they could do something else with the spare space ...

sorry couldn't resist ...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 58
05-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Dr. Leonard McCoy
The fact is that this is a game based off of a fanciful dream. Its a make beleive world where we can all come and be the capt of our little world. All Ive done is show that age is no excuse in this case. And they havent really said no yet...you should read what they have said...as stated.." I don't think "...so there is hope.

Plus, since this is a fanciful game, the issue really is freedom of choice and if enough players want to fly a pink unicorn with wagon wheels, well, then by jove one better darn well be made available.
hmmmm actually this is a game based upon the 2409 star trek future 30 years after the nemisis event. There is your point of origin. You can immerse yourself into the star trek universe playing different roles in the game.

So try not to make up what the game is about or misrepresent the game scheme which is stated several times. There is a story and we are suppose to be apart of that story past 2409. Those are the facts not your opinion of facts that you did just make up from above. Age is not a excuse but a portion if function. This is why we have age to show distance from a point of origin. plot and story line and application, growth. If we did not have age in the game then Q would have destroyed the human race due to its inability to GROW. The whole star trek story is about growth. It is a picture of humanities future of what could be. Dont destroy someone else work to try and justify why you should have this non canon T5 connie.

Lets be real here you want a 8 weapon slot, 3 tactical slot, 4 engineer slot, 2 or 3 science slot ship in the game and that is just way way out there. CBS understands what you wanted and this is why among other reasons the answer was NO with a hammer.

Sorry but they did not say no you are right they said this

"CBS has pretty much put a hammer down on 'No T5 connie."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 59 lol
05-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingbadger View Post
actually, I kind of don't... visual components aside, because there are lots of graphical errors in this existing movie and TOS Connies, The movie one had 12 phaser banks... depending on how you count them ... not to mention about double the crew compliment compliment of the STO one... either they made those crew compartments REALLY big, or they could do something else with the spare space ...

sorry couldn't resist ...
hahahha 12 phaser bank emitters. 6 on top of the saucer section and 6 on the bottom part. Non on the hull and two torpedo launchers on the neck. Emitters allow you to fire phasers in that arc. Please do understand some of the ship tech.

The ship design is sound to the film schematics.

http://www.utopiaplanitia.info/entamain.html
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 60
05-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
hmmmm actually this is a game based upon the 2409 star trek future 30 years after the nemisis event. There is your point of origin. You can immerse yourself into the star trek universe playing different roles in the game.

So try not to make up what the game is about or misrepresent the game scheme which is stated several times. There is a story and we are suppose to be apart of that story past 2409. Those are the facts not your opinion of facts that you did just make up from above. Age is not a excuse but a portion if function. This is why we have age to show distance from a point of origin. plot and story line and application, growth. If we did not have age in the game then Q would have destroyed the human race due to its inability to GROW. The whole star trek story is about growth. It is a picture of humanities future of what could be. Dont destroy someone else work to try and justify why you should have this non canon T5 connie.

Lets be real here you want a 8 weapon slot, 3 tactical slot, 4 engineer slot, 2 or 3 science slot ship in the game and that is just way way out there. CBS understands what you wanted and this is why among other reasons the answer was NO with a hammer.

Sorry but they did not say no you are right they said this

"CBS has pretty much put a hammer down on 'No T5 connie."
Yes there is supposed to be a story there, but as far as I can tell it doesnt really mean much. They have allowed many of the olders ships into the game and have added many of the older uniforms and tech. Cryptic is obviously not entirely devoted to canon. It tries, kinda, to be, but ultimatly it leaves the door open for what you want, otherwise there would not be so many options, it would be fairly straight foreward.

If they cared about enforcing canon really badly the uniform would be UNIFORM, and everyone would wear the same one in the same way with the exception of dress uniform varients, no one would be allowed to fly any of the ships from the older shows and many of the newer ships of the period would be much more prevalent, and anything from TOS,TNG,DS9,and VOY would be horribly underpowered in comparrison to the stuff they made up for 2409 era. I mean because by this point in time even the Soveriegn would be feeling it's age if this were entirely canon.

The point I am trying to make is Cryptic and all of the Star Trek license holders have already allowed ALOT of personal customization and arbitrarily drawing the line at a T5 connie is really unreasonable and weird, also from what I can tell a "dont think so" is not a resounding "NO". It is a "maybe" at best, and a maybe implies that they may be swayed in favor of a T5 connie.

I have seen this topic crop up a great many times and I have commented on almost all of them. I personally want a T5 everything, its a game not the officail canon prime verse, no matter how much we want it to be. So if a huge majority of the fanbase wants something then I think the powers that be should supply them with it. I personally believe this is a large portion of this community, with the number of times this is brought up and the length of the topics everytime it is; that means there are fairly sizable camps on both sides of the issue on the forums, and if there are large camps on the forums there are even larger numbers in the game who never ever read or comment on the forums, who also want this.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:59 PM.