Lt. Commander
# 61
05-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
hahahha 12 phaser bank emitters. 6 on top of the saucer section and 6 on the bottom part. Non on the hull and two torpedo launchers on the neck. Emitters allow you to fire phasers in that arc. Please do understand some of the ship tech.

The ship design is sound to the film schematics.

http://www.utopiaplanitia.info/entamain.html

Loved your condescending tone there--"Please do understand some of the ship tech." Nice..Not that it added to the topic...

You are posting the phaser count of the TOS Connie. We are talking about the Refit in this post.

You state "6 on top of the saucer section and 6 on the bottom part. Non on the hull " --thats just wrong...

TOS Connies had at least 12(6 dual banks)--"The main banks were located on the lower half of the starship's saucer section, forward of the sensor dome. An additional banks were located on the ship's stern, above the shuttlebay. Port and starboard banks covered the ship's flanks"---FYI..This is also known as the Primary hull.

The refit had 18 phasers-- 3 dual banks x2, plus 6 single emitters. "After the refit of the 2270s, Constitution-class ships mounted three dual-emitter phaser banks on the ventral and three on dorsal faces of the saucer. They covered the forward, port and starboard flanks. Two single emitter aft banks are above the shuttlebay and four midship single emitter banks are located on the ventral surface of the engineering hull.

http://www.neutralzone.de/database/F...utionRefit.htm

http://www.startrekfreedom.com/wiki/...titution_Class

Most phaser banks, on both original and refits, were on the Primary hull(underbelly of the saucer). You see, the Saucer section is the Primary hull--not a seperate unit. Later ships did mount rear facing Torp tubes on the primary hull as well. The Galaxy class for example. (The refit did have 4 single emitters on the secondary hull right at main engineering on your diagram - 2 per side)

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Primary_hull

The "neck" as you call it is part of and referred to as the Secondary Hull. This is where the torpedo luanchers were located on both the original and refit Connies.

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Secondary_hull

With the Refit, which is what we are talking about here...NOT the original Connie...all phasers drew power from the main reactor, which was a new design.

To clarify-- The Connies in STO come with Arrays standard. You can buy dual beam banks if you like, but they are not "stocK". Phaser arrays were not Federation tech until the 24th Century. These are the arching phaser strips we see in game and ARE NOT the same tech seen in the TOS show or movies. The Show/Movie phasers were single emitters arranged both in dual banks and , in the refit, single emitter configuration. So, you see, the STO Connies ARE NOT "sound to the film schematics". At all. In STO they come from the shipyard with totally different tech than the movies/show.

oh and PS.. "Please do understand some of the ship tech"

Thx for that tip.
Lt. Commander
# 62
05-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Quote:
hahahha 12 phaser bank emitters. 6 on top of the saucer section and 6 on the bottom part. Non on the hull and two torpedo launchers on the neck. Emitters allow you to fire phasers in that arc. Please do understand some of the ship tech.

The ship design is sound to the film schematics.

http://www.utopiaplanitia.info/entamain.html
Sigh... as Admiral McCoy said...
Lt. Commander
# 63
05-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Quote:
snip
I've asked this question in another thread twice and have not gotten a response. So lets see if you'll respond. Why does it matter to you what ship I decide to fly in game and how powerful it is? You already see these ships flying around in the game. You already see these ships flying around with a VA in them. Who cares how powerful the ship is. This is a game. Canon starts and stops with the story. Only the story matters for Canon not how you play it. Do you actually think you are making an impact on Canon by playing the mission. Absolutely not. The impact you have on the story of the game is like Data role playing sherlock holmes. it's all fun and ha ha's, but at the end of the day, you turn off your computer and go to bed because you have to work in the morning (I hope i'm not making a huge assumption with that statement).

Those of us who want a T-5 Connie just don't just a T-5 Connie, we want a T-5 Nova, exaclibur, akira, cheyenne, NX, D7, any ship in game we want at end-game. You can make technical arguments all day. There are plausible reasons why this would work, and plausible reasons why they shouldn't. Both are reasonable, both make sense depending on what side of the fence you walk on. So lets throw all that crap aside because this is a fictional game meant for the enjoyment of everyone. My enjoyment of this game has absolutely no impact on yours. And if it does, then I suggest you unplugg and go get some sun. If you think it does impact your enjoyment I ask you how? Its not like these ships are not already flying around everywhere. I see them everytime I"m at ESD or doing any of the featured episodes.

So chill out. It's not like we want them to add a T-5 pheonix or Apollo space craft to the game. But in all honesty if a group of people wanted it, who am I to say no. Its not like them flying around in it would affect my game play at all. I wouldn't buy it or fly it, but if someone wants to, more power to them.
Lt. Commander
# 64
05-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Guys, don't ask for "T5 Connies" anymore. Please. Cryptic finally gave us the answer we demanded; unfortunately, that answer was no. ( I am therefore going anyway. )

IMO, we need to look at other ways of getting what we want - whether that's doing away with the Tier system altogether, or introducing an XP toggle so that we can stay at the level(s) where the ship(s) we want are competitive, or making it so that ships scale up to your level when solo, just as they scale to the Squad Leader's when you're teamed. (We have proof such scaling is possible, we just have to find a way to get it without having to team up all the time.)
Lt. Commander
# 65
05-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_Mudd
Guys, don't ask for "T5 Connies" anymore. Please. Cryptic finally gave us the answer we demanded; unfortunately, that answer was no. ( I am therefore going anyway. )

IMO, we need to look at other ways of getting what we want - whether that's doing away with the Tier system altogether, or introducing an XP toggle so that we can stay at the level(s) where the ship(s) we want are competitive, or making it so that ships scale up to your level when solo, just as they scale to the Squad Leader's when you're teamed. (We have proof such scaling is possible, we just have to find a way to get it without having to team up all the time.)
I hear ya...however, so long as the answer is a hard probably not...Ill keep trying.
Lt. Commander
# 66
05-17-2011, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post

So chill out. It's not like we want them to add a T-5 pheonix or Apollo space craft to the game. But in all honesty if a group of people wanted it, who am I to say no. Its not like them flying around in it would affect my game play at all. I wouldn't buy it or fly it, but if someone wants to, more power to them.
Very much agree with that statement
Lt. Commander
# 67
05-17-2011, 03:13 PM
I support your initiative, but for a different reason:

I imagine that in a time such as this, with the Romulan Empire descending into a very uncivil Civil War, the coalescence of the Klingon Empire, the Gorn Hegemony, the Orions, Nausicaans and Letheans into one large Empire, the resurgence of a militant arm of Cardassians united with a population of Jem'Hadar born to the Alpha Quadrant with no loyalty to the Founders (with whom we have a non-interferance pact), the resurgence of the Borg, the reappearance of the Undine, and quite a few indications of an impending invasion by the Iconians..

Well, with all that, I imagine Starfleet is building ships as fast as they can, and pulling old usable hulls out of the Mothballs.

And so, I state it simply: The Constitution Refit should be usable at Endgame.

..As should the Oberth & hopefully, the Ambassador.
Lt. Commander
# 68
05-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
I've asked this question in another thread twice and have not gotten a response. So lets see if you'll respond. Why does it matter to you what ship I decide to fly in game and how powerful it is? You already see these ships flying around in the game. You already see these ships flying around with a VA in them. Who cares how powerful the ship is. This is a game. Canon starts and stops with the story. Only the story matters for Canon not how you play it. Do you actually think you are making an impact on Canon by playing the mission. Absolutely not. The impact you have on the story of the game is like Data role playing sherlock holmes. it's all fun and ha ha's, but at the end of the day, you turn off your computer and go to bed because you have to work in the morning (I hope i'm not making a huge assumption with that statement).

Those of us who want a T-5 Connie just don't just a T-5 Connie, we want a T-5 Nova, exaclibur, akira, cheyenne, NX, D7, any ship in game we want at end-game. You can make technical arguments all day. There are plausible reasons why this would work, and plausible reasons why they shouldn't. Both are reasonable, both make sense depending on what side of the fence you walk on. So lets throw all that crap aside because this is a fictional game meant for the enjoyment of everyone. My enjoyment of this game has absolutely no impact on yours. And if it does, then I suggest you unplugg and go get some sun. If you think it does impact your enjoyment I ask you how? Its not like these ships are not already flying around everywhere. I see them everytime I"m at ESD or doing any of the featured episodes.

I never said that i do not want the connie in the game. I am comfortable with the ship being in the game as it was meant to be. I do have a problem with a ship breaking tradition. As my own opinion with others tradition ask for that ship to be as CBS intended it to be for the past hmmm over 40 years. call me wanting canon or just not interesting in breaking the cycle of how the ships of star trek work.

I have always said if you wish for a connie to be upgraded then add high lvl gear to it. I really never seen anyone in these topics display the stats of a T5 connie. I assume based upon many side statements people wish to battle the 24/25 century ships. Sorry but thats not how i remember star trek. Any how i think with this latest ask cryptic segment that answer about a connie refit is in.

As for the ship. I put it in line with the reliant. except ive never seen the connie use an aft torpedo lancher since its the 25th century i dont see anything wrong with it having one as you can do in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 69
05-17-2011, 04:00 PM
You have a "problem with a ship breaking tradition"...

lets be clear..about half the ships in STO break "tradition" in some way...

And, as stated ..its a game...and with the inclusion of the D'kyr, Excelsior, and others, as end game choices, they clearly show that they intend for pretty much all eras of Star Trek to be represented. Even pre NX Enterprise era.

And I agree, sticking to cannon would be dandy, but, its already been broken, as we have pointed out many many times in this very thread....so thats no longer a valid arguement. At least you admit that your position is based off your opinion. And, while opinion is great, the reason for this thread was to bring logical reasons to bear as to why the official stance so far is not logical, based off of things that have already been done.
Lt. Commander
# 70
05-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Quote:
I never said that i do not want the connie in the game. I am comfortable with the ship being in the game as it was meant to be. I do have a problem with a ship breaking tradition. As my own opinion with others tradition ask for that ship to be as CBS intended it to be for the past hmmm over 40 years. call me wanting canon or just not interesting in breaking the cycle of how the ships of star trek work.

I have always said if you wish for a connie to be upgraded then add high lvl gear to it. I really never seen anyone in these topics display the stats of a T5 connie. I assume based upon many side statements people wish to battle the 24/25 century ships. Sorry but thats not how i remember star trek. Any how i think with this latest ask cryptic segment that answer about a connie refit is in.

As for the ship. I put it in line with the reliant. except ive never seen the connie use an aft torpedo lancher since its the 25th century i dont see anything wrong with it having one as you can do in this game.
So let me get this straight. You don't want a T-5 connie because your selfish? You feel that the game should cater to you and everyone else can take a hike. That is not a very inclusive stance. If you don't like it don't use it. Keep yourself immersed in your own playing. Don't say no to everyone else because you don't like it. I don't like alot of things in STO...but I also acknowledge that some people do and I believe they have as much a right to have something they like in game as I do.

that's what I don't understand..most of the people against say "I don't like it...I don't think it belongs" stop thinking about I and start thinking about everyone else. I support all ships at end-game. If there is a ship in this game, it should be able to be upgraded to T5 end of story. I'll tell you, I have a killer set up for my engineer in an assault cruiser. I will probably never take him out of it because it is such a good set up. But just because I won't use something, doesn't mean it shouldn't be in game for others to use. Lets all stop thinking about ourselves and start thinking of others. Lets be good neighbors. Lets include everyone!
Closed Thread