Lt. Commander
# 1 On making your own series
05-13-2011, 10:40 AM
My daughter and I are combining our accounts to make a 13 episode series based on our Peace Keeper Alliance idea. A challenge indeed, but it's kind of fun. Almost like making our own series. I'm kinda curious as to what you guys might be working on, serial wise or what ever and how you would approach it

anyways keep an eye for the pilot mission "Shattered Peace in the Mirror" coming soon
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-13-2011, 10:44 AM
Hi,
I have two parts of my series out. These were my first two foundry missions ever and as such they have a lot of bits needing touched up which Im doing at the moment lol. I think your idea sounds really good and yes it may sound difficult but thats what the challenge is and the fun . I will defo keep and eye out for your own. Once mine is reworked ill let you see it .
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-13-2011, 11:27 AM
I have a five part series that i have made 3 parts so far. its a klingon arc and m having great fun putting it together. Ive been planning it since about the second week of closed beta so ive had like 5 or 6 months to plan it out in my mind. Its shaping up quite well.

ive tried to concentrate on using recurring characters to flesh out my npc's. even in my stand alone eps on the fed side ive always tried to introduce people, and keep them alive as i might want to bring them back later.

a thirteen part series is ambitious to say the least.

you will almost certainly find it changes as you go through episodes. mine was originally going to be a six part but things changed, story elements moved around. things got dumped etc. it grows as you make it, so id plan it out but dont be afraid to mess around with it. sometimes inspiration comes while you make it.

just concentrate for the moment on making part 1 as good as you can, get the player gripped in and make them want to play part 2.

there is some old adage about novels. make the first 10 pages the best pages of the book, then make the rest of the book live up those first 10 pages.