Lt. Commander
# 31
06-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loekii View Post
This is why I hate the Informational Layout of the main page. This is answered in the ASKCRYPTIC 10-27-2008 - but you would never know if you did not read through them - and re-read through them to refresh our memories. :
all the more reason for the answer to be posted another place... twice the posibility someone will read it
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Just in case I miss the Dev Chat:

Will STO keystokes be customizable? For instance: Instead of WASD, players can use the keypad instead.
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhDK View Post
all the more reason for the answer to be posted another place... twice the posibility someone will read it
I agree.

Just incase and to be safe, this was a criticism of the Informational layout of the site, and not a comment about you not looking for the information before hand, etc. I think its a very legit and common question.

Just frustrated that the answer is not easily displayed on the site, imo.
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Just in case I miss the Dev Chat:

Will STO keystokes be customizable? For instance: Instead of WASD, players can use the keypad instead.
I would say YES, given the comments in the AskCrytptic response about Joysticks:
Quote:
Q: Would you be able to use the joystick to control your characters and starship?

A: You should be able to do that. All of the commands may not map, depending on what sort of joystick you have but, since the game is being built for the PC as well as the console, you should be able to hook up a joystick to your PC and play that way.
If you can 'map' to a joystick, I would assume that means you can 'map' to a Keypad, Nostromo, etc. Just my speculation of course.
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-10-2009, 10:01 PM
One movement question I have.

On the ground, will movement work like an FPS where you use the mouse to look around (And shoot!) and use the WASD keys to move? Or will it be like WoW where WASD move you almost exclusively?
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Hello, I may be able to make the chat, I get off work at 3:30 so I may be late if thats allowed. If not I am going to post my question here. If you are familiar with Star Wars Galaxies, will space flight be smiler to that as in were you can warp to a sector or planet and fight around there and warp to other places, or will space movement be like endless space and you have a navigational chart of known space and just adjust your direction to get to your destination? Thank you and I hope to talk to you soon.
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loekii View Post
I agree.

Just incase and to be safe, this was a criticism of the Informational layout of the site, and not a comment about you not looking for the information before hand, etc. I think its a very legit and common question.

Just frustrated that the answer is not easily displayed on the site, imo.
if I didn't know that, I would have posted a more negative response

but on the site layout subject
I think they will make it easyer once the game is in beta, when they can release all the info, they will make a few pages under the subject ''Game Info''
Lt. Commander
# 38
06-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomyne View Post
One movement question I have.

On the ground, will movement work like an FPS where you use the mouse to look around (And shoot!) and use the WASD keys to move? Or will it be like WoW where WASD move you almost exclusively?
my guess is it'll work like it does in CoH, wich is about the same as WoW
Lt. Commander
# 39
06-11-2009, 12:08 AM
Can you target and eliminate enemy projectiles like for example in the new movie?
Lt. Commander
# 40
06-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Ooh cool I should be able to make it to this one.
Closed Thread