Lt. Commander
# 41
06-11-2009, 03:11 AM
man 5 days to wait tobad i cant make the chat because of the time differnce but i cant wait to read the script!
Lt. Commander
# 42 Question for Devs
06-11-2009, 03:27 AM
Not sure if i can make it so here is my question (and yes, thank you cryptic for being so involved with us fans and followers!)

I am a big fan of the defiant, even more so of the fighters in star trek we never quite see but, my question is that in the series, the defiant is a small agile ship that can actually dodge being fired at. This didn't really happen in "Star trek:Legacy" the game and it was disappointing to me. Will i finally be able to pilot my ship in some evasive patterns that will actually... evade?! Or at least have the defiant be a lot harder to hit?

Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 43
06-11-2009, 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Next Tuesday, June 16, at 3:30 p.m. Pacific time (we’re GMT -7 right now), we’ll be holding a developer’s chat in the official Star Trek Online IRC chat!

This chat’s focus will be on in-game movement, so be ready to submit your questions to the team. The chat is scheduled to last 30 minutes. If you can’t make it due to time constraints, we’ll be posting a transcript of the chat on the forums.

If you’d like to join us, point your IRC program of choice toward #STO on gamesurge.net, or click right here for a Flash client. And if you can’t make it, just reply with your question in this post’s comment thread. We’ll be selecting questions from the thread to put to the developers.

Link to the news article.
what will the ship battles be like, will they be like the fighting from Star Trek Legacy or EVE online?
Lt. Commander
# 44
06-11-2009, 04:49 AM
so i'm assuming if you dump warp power into the thrusters you'll burn out every interlink from deck a to g?

Lt. Commander
# 45
06-11-2009, 05:48 AM
Hi, my question is:

What is Cryptic doing to cater for Roleplayers?

Considering this is Star Trek I recon there will be more RP'ers than most games. I was just wondering if Cryptic are doing anything that will really wow RP'ers.
Lt. Commander
# 46 damage
06-11-2009, 06:17 AM
hi there, just wanted to know when in battle are there going to be damage models for all ships? If so
Lt. Commander
# 47
06-11-2009, 07:52 AM
I'm curious about the physics used, I noticed in a previous ask cryptic where it was said that small ships can fish tail, how far is this taken? Could a Defiant, for example, set a course and speed, then rotate the nose away from the direction of travel to engage a target without affecting the direction of travel, or will a ship always move in the direction that the nose is pointed?

Also, what about pitch control? When I'm looking at my ship, can I only turn left or right, or can I pitch up or down as well? In terms of previous examples, are we looking at Star Fleet Command movement, or Bridge Commander movement? If it's only left / right SFC style, I would have to wonder about the thinking behind that choice. I recall SFC having a die-hard group of fans, but many newbies I met were put off by the inability to move in full 3D. I recall some number (can't remember exactly) of posts on the old Taldren forums from people who were disappointed that they couldn't go up or down.

Is the ability to steer directly linked to thrust? Meaning If I'm stationary, and someone comes up behind me, if I want to turn to face them, must I accelerate forward and turn into them, or can I rotate in place?

What about the engines that produce this movement? Thrusters, Impulse Drive, Warp Engines, and the Warp Core all contribute to a ship's ability to move, what among these is customizable, and to what extent?
Related to that, in reference to the three Mirandas, do the different components shown represent different parts which affect ship performance, or are the differences purely cosmetic? Example: the top left is a pair of mark 1 warp engines, bottom middle mark 2, top right mark 3?

Will there be gravity? If I cut my engines near a planet / large asteroid / what have you, will I fall in or stay put?

What sorts of skills are available to me in terms of movement? Can I have a con officer trained to make the ship turn faster than it normally could? Can I have an engineer who can make my ship go faster than the specs say it can?
Lt. Commander
# 48
06-11-2009, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Next Tuesday, June 16, at 3:30 p.m. Pacific time (we’re GMT -7 right now), we’ll be holding a developer’s chat in the official Star Trek Online IRC chat!

This chat’s focus will be on in-game movement, so be ready to submit your questions to the team. The chat is scheduled to last 30 minutes. If you can’t make it due to time constraints, we’ll be posting a transcript of the chat on the forums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarile View Post
1. Can we get new video of the game?
2. Beta update timeline?
3. Anticipated game release?
Quote:
Originally Posted by busbydaniel View Post
Hi, my question is:

What is Cryptic doing to cater for Roleplayers?

Considering this is Star Trek I recon there will be more RP'ers than most games. I was just wondering if Cryptic are doing anything that will really wow RP'ers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL0k View Post
any chance we can get some newer ingame footage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesoul1982 View Post
Was really wondering how the new Star Trek movie will play out in STO. Will it be an alternate time line for STO, or will there be elements that show up from the movie
I don't really need to say much... Winners... right here...
Lt. Commander
# 49
06-11-2009, 09:18 AM
I'll be in Florida on vacation on that date... will probably have to miss this.
Lt. Commander
# 50
06-11-2009, 10:04 AM
any chance we can get some newer ingame footage?
Closed Thread