Lt. Commander
# 61
06-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Will you be able to roll your ship?

Meaning, can I eventually end upside down and then plunge back down onto my target. I know you guys said no dog fighting, but a few shots of ship battle in ST shows showed some starships can do, like the Defiant.
Lt. Commander
# 62
06-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendo001 View Post
Will we be able to target enemy ships Impulse/warp engines to slow them down or stop them getting away?

How will damage to a ship affect movement?

Will there be atmostpheric flight and combat?

Can we land the ships like The Intrepid class aka Voyager?

Will shuttles be used and be piloted by us when we are unable to beam down to a planet/moon/asteroid/station.

How will shuttles handle compaired to say a frigate class starship.

Will there be runabouts in game? How will their movements compair?
I cannot find the link, but I thought the Devs already said 'no Shuttle Piloting and no Atmospheric flight' -- in those cases where you take a shuttle to the surface, the computer will control it (ie MassEffect shuttle) or you just 'appear' next to a landed shuttle craft.
Lt. Commander
# 63
06-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Will we be able to script movement? That is, create our own pre-made maneuvers?
Lt. Commander
# 64
06-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Say I want to turn my ship around, will I have to do a big circle loop to turn around ? or as it was done on a TNG episode (forgot what it was called), can I make the back end of my ship swing around, for a quick 180 turn?

It is space, so that should be possible.

Or... Will we be able to 'learn' special maneuvers like that and have the navigation officer implement those maneuvers on our order by hitting a button and choosing which maneuver we want?
Lt. Commander
# 65 The INTERFACE
06-11-2009, 12:09 PM
When are we going to get a look at the Ship and Character Interfaces in those great game play video clips?

Please tell us it will be soon.
Lt. Commander
# 66 Handicapped Players
06-11-2009, 12:40 PM
About Handicapped Players:

I would hope that the controls would not be overly complicated, that a significant number of manuervers be possible just using the mouse. Using both hands on the keyboard is great for fine-tuned movement, but I would hope that mouse-use would be all that was necessary for moving the ship around in a basic way.

What sorts of measures have been, or will be, taken to accomidate handicapped players?
Lt. Commander
# 67
06-11-2009, 12:50 PM
  • When traveling at warp speed from system to system will there be random encounters or occurrences that might force us out of warp speed?
  • When traveling at warp speed what is a player allowed to do? Can we drop out of warp at any time?
  • How big will planetary maps be for ground missions? Will there be an need for fast travel from different areas on a planet?
  • Is there a plan to limit the amount of distance a ship can travel from a base or planet?
  • Can I trade my CO beta key for a STO beta key?
Lt. Commander
# 68
06-11-2009, 07:00 PM
I do not really have a question in mind at the moment that has not already been asked by someone else in this thread, but I think that the idea of having chats with a specific topic in mind such as this one is a great idea and I am definitely going to try to attend the event. I'm looking forward to getting what is sure to be some good information from these chats!
Lt. Commander
# 69
06-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Do we know what ship we will all start with? Also what kind of screen will we have to plot a course?
Lt. Commander
# 70
06-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Crawl, walk, run, climb, swim, jump, kneel, prone
Will I be able to preform ALL these movements?
If not, what are my Ground Movement Options?
Closed Thread