Lt. Commander
# 71
06-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Which Directx will be used in the game? Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 72
06-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Are we going to be able to use terrain properly? E.g., would climbing on top of a rock create some problems for the enemies or would they magically adjust to it and climb up? In fact, does ground movement affect combat at all, can a player gain significant advantage by actively moving?
Lt. Commander
# 73 release date.
06-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Please get the online game up asap....I'm frustrated with the best game online today which was hacked long ago.........Planetside........I cant stand fighting the net and the hackers too.....HURRY!
Lt. Commander
# 74
06-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loekii View Post
I would say YES, given the comments in the AskCrytptic response about Joysticks:

If you can 'map' to a joystick, I would assume that means you can 'map' to a Keypad, Nostromo, etc. Just my speculation of course.
Well thanks for looking into it. But mapping keystrokes to a joystick isn't necessarily the same as reassigning keys on the keyboard. So I'm hoping Cryptic clarifies that.
Lt. Commander
# 75
06-12-2009, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Well thanks for looking into it. But mapping keystrokes to a joystick isn't necessarily the same as reassigning keys on the keyboard. So I'm hoping Cryptic clarifies that.

True, it is not *exactly* the same. However, if you can map at all, it usually means you can map to basicallly anything that properly interphases with your computer. Like how in WoW, you have '2' map options, so you can assign a 'hotkey' as well as a gamepad button.

The issue I have encounter is when there is a problem with the Device not properly meshing with your computer -- ie device software bugs, or computer is not properly recognizing the device, or the support software is not well implemented, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 76
06-12-2009, 12:01 PM
This may have been already asked in a more articulate manner, but...

How will you balance the ability to more or less 'immediately' warp from one sector to another, in order to avoid long stretches of dull traveling time, with (for instance) being able to receive and respond to a distress call picked up along the way? Simply put, will rapid movement from sector to sector preclude random events and detours?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 77
06-12-2009, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loekii View Post

True, it is not *exactly* the same. However, if you can map at all, it usually means you can map to basicallly anything that properly interphases with your computer. Like how in WoW, you have '2' map options, so you can assign a 'hotkey' as well as a gamepad button.

The issue I have encounter is when there is a problem with the Device not properly meshing with your computer -- ie device software bugs, or computer is not properly recognizing the device, or the support software is not well implemented, etc.
To play devil's advocate, the way he phrased the sentence 'map to a joystick' could also mean that the controls won't transfer to a joystick 100%, not that we can change hotkeys. To map controls is to assign functions to buttons (or triggers or analog sticks or whatever) so it could still mean the game trying to transfer keyboard or controller mappings to a joystick but not being able to automatically assign some buttons, but we still can't change hotkeys and map them manually. If we can change our hotkeys manually then it shouldn't matter if they map or not automatically because we should be able to assign any function to any button. But like I said, the way he phrased the sentence could also mean that we can't assign hotkeys and the game might not be able to properly map them to a joystick automatically.
Lt. Commander
# 78
06-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Will there be areas in space that players will not be able to access because of invisible boundaries whilst traveling in the overhead map screen? By this I mean that I would imagine that not all the Alpha and Beta Quadrants will be released at the beginning.. I imagine we'll get some of the Klingon Empire and the Federation..whereas if the Romulans do become a playable faction.. will they have an area of space that will be locked away that we can't access? Same with any other species... maybe the Tholians.. Talarians.. etc.
Lt. Commander
# 79
06-13-2009, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorador View Post
How long will it take to warp from one point in a sector to another?
On this subject, I would want to know if all the ships take the same time to warp from point A to point B (out of combat, in the "general" or "all sector" map), or if different models take different times.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 80
06-13-2009, 03:07 AM
Is it possible to give someone coordinates to a location in the map, so they can warp there?

For example:
You type: /loc
The game gives you something like (10589, 7535, 20039)
Now you can go to the forums and post those coordinates: "Hey, I found some asteroids with some dilithium near (10589, 7535, 20039).
Then anyone can write down those coordinates and warp their ship there.
Closed Thread