Lt. Commander
# 1 Vice Adm End of Game
05-14-2011, 07:59 PM
First of all ... GREAT GAME!!!!! ...
I got to Vice Adm and got a notice in the rank pull down that said in yellow: Tier 5 Ship Retrofit and Unlock Vice Adm Daily Missions.
I got a new ship, a cruiser, and off I went, only to find out I wasn't gaining any skill points and couldn't increase levels of strength and got no rewards for successful missions. .... what's going on????
So then in frustration, I check the forum's on-line, not game forums, and I get the hint that it may be over.
Sure enough, checking back on the Star Trek Online forum, I see I have reached a "game cap."

OK, guys, for us who excel at this great game, just put a little notice in the pull down before the Tier 5 Ship Retrofit and Unlock .... notice that you have reached the "game cap for advancing and that later in 2011 you will allow advancing to additional ranks." It's the right thing to do.

I got a great ship now and to bad...I really won't be able to use it.

Keep the Development Going!!! Well done.

I would expect prompt corrections to this request! After all this is a "request" from

Vice Adm Christian Swagman, Federation
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-14-2011, 08:17 PM
actually, IIRC when you mouse over the rank progress bar, it says something to the effect of "You have reached max level, additional skill points will go to your BOFFs."

And it's not really the end of the game, you just can't progress any higher in rank for the time being, there are a lot of daily missions you can play, as well as FE series when they come out, and now the foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-16-2011, 03:30 PM
I agree I am a VA as well and I have earned enough xp to make fleet admiral. Since I have made VA i have become quite board with the game. I dont want my points going to my bo's I want the going to me. As for the emblems and such it is quite hard to earn some medals while quite easy to earn others. I say put it all into one system and make ships in the c-store cheaper to buy with emblems and get rid of the level cap.