Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Hi PvP fans

Several times last days the time is takes to capture a point taking much extra time or capturing seem to be even impossible. It was said that this is can happen due to server lag. Maybe because our team wasn’t intellectual flexible enough to understand what’s going on, we were also losing because of this. Anyway I don’t like the current capturing method. Wouldn’t it be nicer and more realistic instead of cruising around a symbol in space destroying some turrets and installing own turrets, which needs than to be destroyed by the opponents for capturing. That would also remove this bug, wouldn’t it?

Welan
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-15-2011, 04:40 AM
It would be nice to see some variations on the common 'theme' of Capture & Hold, perhaps a Conquer & Cling mode like you suggest (with point capture, turret deployment, then defense of those structures, etc.)... However, I would be happy with the simple addition of a visual cue (a sliding bar would be ideal), indicating capture 'progress', so there is not the current ambiguity concerning whether a point is 'actually' being captured (and whether there might be an enemy within range, that one is simply neglecting to notice...

-Big Red
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-15-2011, 04:59 AM
yes a sliding bar would be a help as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
...and whether there might be an enemy within range, that one is simply neglecting to notice...
might be. Can cloaked Klings hamper capturing?

Welan
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-15-2011, 05:03 AM
i believe the The B'rel can capture while cloaked, but that's the only ship.that can AFAIK.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-15-2011, 07:42 AM
The B'rel has supposedly been fixed a short while ago. That's too bad because seeing a point change with no visible ship was just begging for a sensor scan and alpha on a shieldless afk bop.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Wait... wait... people actually care about the score in cap and holds? A trained monkey could cap points; you aren't intellectually challenged if you'd rather have fun blowing each other up. As a matter of fact one could argue that capping points in a c&h is inane, simple, and boring.

However I think we could do with an entirely different mechanism for capping - one that draws in the people who just want to fight. Perhaps the capping point could be channeled, as in, you fly up and hit "cap point" or something, and a progress bar starts that cannot be interrupted. The person who does the channeling has to be kept alive by teammates while they wait for the progress bar to finish, and once it finishes, it is their base.

Another idea, which is friendlier on people without good team coordination, would be to make the points (basically) instantly capped, they just have a small progress bar, meaning you can't cap in combat. It could also work to be made a long progress bar that cannot be used in combat. Points might also have to be damaged down (like a satellite or something) in order to be capped.

Not having to fly around a point forever to cap it would definitely make the PvPers more likely to cap points. I currently don't even bother with it unless there are good fighters and I want to lengthen the game.

Adding in player-constructible turrets would be great as well, but remember before FaW got broken when the spam was insane? Just thinking more spam wouldn't be a good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-15-2011, 11:44 PM
Scoreboard *****s! Real pvpers cap points! :p

eh, guess i couldn't write that?
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-16-2011, 02:50 AM
I like when the C&H matches bug out

An hour+ of uninteruptable PvP, with no need to go cap back when nubs try and "win" the map.... Yummy
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-16-2011, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
An hour+ of uninteruptable PvP, with no need to go cap back when nubs try and "win" the map.... Yummy
You may like it, bud the ‚nubs‘ may have another reason to get frustrated, starting thinking: PvP sucks. We need to attract more players to PvP and bugs are definitely not good for that.

For that what you want: never ending PvP, open PvP areas (ground and space) in the neutral zone would be perfect, where you can pop in and fight until the end of the days or all enemies disappeared. For me, there would no need for any rewards for that. I would visit these places regularly just to improve my PvP abilities and having fun.

Welan
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-16-2011, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post

Join us in Ker'rat, I've seen some of your fleet in there.
But I have to agree, unlimited combat without Borg & resets are fun. Don't hurry to fix this bug on my account.