Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
If anything they seem more trigger happy. It was at one time fairly easy to sneak past them by hugging the wall. Now they see you regardless of path or timing. Even tried shouting "Squirrel!" No good. they still attacked.
Our last run through that mission was like that.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Count me in aswell... I have done this before on chars that have very little dip xp, and still got the accolade, but for some reason, the NPC seems to have eyes in their proverbial necks, and shoot me.

I have tried everything, except using a stealth kit, but seeing as my current char is LT 9, he can't get the stealth kits yet.

Hope this gets fixed (again) with due speed.
Lt. Commander
# 13 don't shoot back
05-17-2011, 01:07 PM
For those who don't know, even if the npcs shoot at you, you will still get the "cunning and guile" accolade so long as you don't shoot back at them. It's still a huge hassle to manage to use that console to enable the maintenance lift while being shot at, but it is possible. A second player can grab their aggro (but not shooting back, healing is ok) enabling you to follow in afterwards and hit the console, or you can just keep hitting it, probably dying at least once, until you manage to complete the interaction. But they do need to fix those mobs in those two rooms from not aggroing no matter what you do. I've even tried it with max stealth and stealth mode enabled and the boffs flagged back; they see right through it at a distance.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
I never suxxeeded to get past that security patrol anyway, so I have given up on that one a looong time ago.
Now that I see you are talking about that second group of Patrols, I usually just Crouch, and Side roll, left and right. They drop fairly quickly if I can keep their shots missing.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-28-2011, 04:01 PM
So I managed to get past this portion without firing a shot. (BO's on passive, several deaths, and running my tail off) and still no accolade. Even tried setting BO's waypoints in the hallway after using the jeffries tube and sneaking my way up to the group with the diplomatic option. (full ambassador so i get the option, i do not know what the minimum diplomatic rank is for it). got the part out of that room and used the turbo lift. STILL no accolade. WTF Mate
Ensign
# 16
02-17-2013, 06:40 PM
I may have found a trick for getting past lieutenant Simien on this mission, as the diplomatic choice with her is only available to characters with rank 3 diplomacy. When she tells you to "Stop right there" if you click the close window button on her chat box, she won't engage you, allowing you to walk right past her and activate the console. I was able to get the accolade easily with this as I didn't have to worry about her trying to kill me.