Lt. Commander
# 1 Time Travel and STO
05-15-2011, 01:29 PM
I completed my run of the Devidian arc, got my awesome psychic psycho beat stick, however my mind has wondering about Cryptic's plans for future time travel episodes.

I hated the temporal cold war arc in enterprise, and its not very comforting that in 200 years of trek time starfleet will be full of Doctor Emmit Browns sending officers back in time to.... meddle with past affairs. I would definitely like to see some sort of sign from the developers that we won't be seeing any more time travel episodes any time soon.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armok
I hated the temporal cold war arc in enterprise, and its not very comforting that in 200 years of trek time starfleet will be full of Doctor Emmit Browns sending officers back in time to.... meddle with past affairs. I would definitely like to see some sort of sign from the developers that we won't be seeing any more time travel episodes any time soon.
Time travel episodes are often favourites among the Trek fan base.

Also, Section 31 isn't officially a part of Starfleet.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-15-2011, 01:39 PM
i love time travel eps, and while i dont want them to over do it. i do not want to see that sign.

as for the time travel in this ep, you dont think that the displacement of an entire sector and the death of million or billions did not warrant a little time travel?

the real crime was the terrible job drake did on your cover story. house of duras indeed. why not just send me back with justin beiber for the amount of people that attacked me.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i love time travel eps, and while i dont want them to over do it. i do not want to see that sign.

as for the time travel in this ep, you dont think that the displacement of an entire sector and the death of million or billions did not warrant a little time travel?

the real crime was the terrible job drake did on your cover story. house of duras indeed. why not just send me back with justin beiber for the amount of people that attacked me.

don't get me wrong I enjoyed this episode, loved the story, and I liked the cameos, but I'm just hoping we don't start getting into the preface of an early temporal cold war either, I prefer my trek to boldly go forward, and not sticking its nose in the past too often, but I guess that's just me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-15-2011, 04:31 PM
Quote:

I agree on Drake and our "cover" story. First you find a SF Officer so itching for a fight that he declares you are a suspect of something and closes all communications so you have no chance to prove him wrong. AND when you are about to blow the goram comet, not only Klingons appear, but Klingons with a blood grudge against your disguise. I think I'd rather have disguised the ship as Nausicaan and take my chances.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-15-2011, 05:21 PM
Quote:
It could have been worse than Beiber. He could have giving our ships a holo emitter of a giant tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-15-2011, 05:37 PM
The problem (and blessing) with Trek is always that you have two ways time travel episodes could go. Folks can utterly LOVE them... or find them to be an overused tool.

We're trying to be very careful with time travel storylines in STO so we do not actually overuse them.

*pulls the thread in the missions area, just in case it turns spoilerific*
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-15-2011, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
The problem (and blessing) with Trek is always that you have two ways time travel episodes could go. Folks can utterly LOVE them... or find them to be an overused tool.

We're trying to be very careful with time travel storylines in STO so we do not actually overuse them.

*pulls the thread in the missions area, just in case it turns spoilerific*
I had this exact same problem while doing a foundry mission!

I was making it and then it hit me... god, this is so cliche
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-15-2011, 06:06 PM
For those interested, I compiled a list awhile back of all time travel uses in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-15-2011, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth-Thanatos View Post
I agree on Drake and our "cover" story. First you find a SF Officer so itching for a fight that he declares you are a suspect of something and closes all communications so you have no chance to prove him wrong. AND when you are about to blow the goram comet, not only Klingons appear, but Klingons with a blood grudge against your disguise. I think I'd rather have disguised the ship as Nausicaan and take my chances.
Any intelligence officer worth his classified salt would have had our ships disguised as generic freighters rather than anything that would have immediately called attention to us, much less military vessels in the service of one of the great houses.

Though given how Drake's been going around introducing himself and blabbing on and on about Section 31 to every Starfleet captain in the quadrant, it would seem that the organization has really taken a downward spiral since Sloan's day.