Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
05-17-2011, 02:29 AM
If I'm not mistaken, reversing with EPtE speed burst (+40 impulse speed), doesn't hurt your defence rating, if you use evasive action, you keep the whole defensive bonus even while reversing.

I have actually never looked on the stat window, so thats pure theory, but I never felt the difference when reversing. Because defence is calculated from speed, not the direction you are flying.

And since I'm flying mainly Galaxy-R, reversing is my favourite maneuver against those pesky escorts so I'm using that a lot. Noone usually can counter to EPtE + aux to damn + evasive reverse trick :-) and is almost as fast as forward movement for few valuable seconds :-))
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
05-17-2011, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
I know BoPs pioneered this tactic and for the most part you do not see many BoPs using it any more but I will say this I see more defiants and Fleet escorts using it effectively, "ahem" for their build.
True, the old fly up and stop to turret or fly up and stop to reverse and turret tactic is in wide use, it seems.
I'm just curiuos how one survives not moving for extended periods of time under a -15% defense?
Short, brief stops I can understand as its not much different than throttling down to 50% then back up to full in combat, but fuill stops usually kills an escort if one lingers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
05-17-2011, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
If I'm not mistaken, reversing with EPtE speed burst (+40 impulse speed), doesn't hurt your defence rating, if you use evasive action, you keep the whole defensive bonus even while reversing.

I have actually never looked on the stat window, so thats pure theory, but I never felt the difference when reversing. Because defence is calculated from speed, not the direction you are flying.

And since I'm flying mainly Galaxy-R, reversing is my favourite maneuver against those pesky escorts so I'm using that a lot. Noone usually can counter to EPtE + aux to damn + evasive reverse trick :-) and is almost as fast as forward movement for few valuable seconds :-))
Ah, full reverse with EVM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
05-17-2011, 05:26 AM
What may be different is...has anyone seen the supposed power drain from moving in reverse? Seems to take quite a while to kick in now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
05-17-2011, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
If I'm not mistaken, reversing with EPtE speed burst (+40 impulse speed), doesn't hurt your defence rating, if you use evasive action, you keep the whole defensive bonus even while reversing.

I have actually never looked on the stat window, so thats pure theory, but I never felt the difference when reversing. Because defence is calculated from speed, not the direction you are flying.

And since I'm flying mainly Galaxy-R, reversing is my favourite maneuver against those pesky escorts so I'm using that a lot. Noone usually can counter to EPtE + aux to damn + evasive reverse trick :-) and is almost as fast as forward movement for few valuable seconds :-))

I have no real problem with this but I am talking about ships, escorts, that are pretty much stationary or barely moving that can soak up damage from 2 escorts and 3 cruisers and keep the 5 man focus to a full stalemate.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
05-17-2011, 06:16 AM
Well if he is protected with high shield dmg reduction, hull resistaces and heals are on him why not ? Engineer-Escorts are pretty tough.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
05-17-2011, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Well if he is protected with high shield dmg reduction, hull resistaces and heals are on him why not ? Engineer-Escorts are pretty tough.
I agree but even an engineer escort or sci escort has it limitations and CDs even against the damage of 5 ships. We are talking numerous damage buff cycles when it is realized it is a stalemate. Resists and damage mitigation is only can go so far when one is hardly moving and you are only seeing single digits rolling off the ship in damage numbers. I only see maybe 10 escorts like this throughout PvP. These escorts do not run they stay until numbers are insurmountable and they die while they stay focused on one target that is having good number of heals poured into it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
05-17-2011, 07:56 AM
It takes just extended shields to make some escort semi-invulnerable. Extended shields III on my galaxy does 43% shield dmg reduction + shield heal. Thats better than even my own EpTS III.

But was it 5 ships agains one solo escort ? or was it in middle of arena and that escort in question had for example Era or any other good healer around ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
05-17-2011, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
It takes just extended shields to make some escort semi-invulnerable. Extended shields III on my galaxy does 43% shield dmg reduction + shield heal. Thats better than even my own EpTS III.

But was it 5 ships agains one solo escort ? or was it in middle of arena and that escort in question had for example Era or any other good healer around ?
Using the ability or having it used upon you?
Does it do anything for the user, as it is target friend only?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
05-17-2011, 08:20 AM
You can use extended shields only on others, and its what i see on the tooltip if you asking that :-)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:48 AM.