Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-16-2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I get that as one possible way to remove the afkers and other leeches but as for the purpose of this thread it's also entirely counter productive. Good day, sir!!
Stepping around the belittling attitude of your post, my suggestion would probably do more to make PvP rewarding for the real PvP players than anything else -- and for the very reasons you mentioned.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Your suggestion would be good at taking care of that very specific problem, however it does not add to PVP. Anyone who wants to avoid that problem can very simply join OPVP and create their own private challenges. The issue I'm trying to work on here is that we need to trick, I mean entice, people into giving PVP a shot, to give them something tangible to shoot for while encouraging better play styles. The idea being that lower rewards for losing doesn't discourage new blood, while greater rewards for winning doesn't encourage lazy leechiness.

Removing Emblems from PVP punishes PVPers. The only way to attain the "uber" items would be to do PVE which leads to less time PVPing.

I didn't mean that to be offensive. I thought that the link with Fez would denote a playful tone.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
  1. Increase Variance of Rewards for Winning and Losing
    Loosers get nothing. Winners get everything; distributed based on participation. You don't play you don't get jack.
  2. Reduce Rewards for War Games (FvF, KvK)
    I think I understand where you are going with this; I'm fine with it. Making FvF, KvK reduced rewards compared to KvF would provide an incentive for more Klingon players, unfortunately i doubt the boost to playing Klingon would be small as the individuals who choose to do so are of a kind.
  3. Make Warzones, Arenas, and Capture & Holds Refresh Everyday
    Make them truly dailies works for me, but I would only expect to see these at 3 emblems upon completing 3 matches. Kinda like B'Tran.
  4. Add Missions Requiring x Number of Victories (FvK)
    Make this like the current 15/15s (War Zone, Hostile Engagements, Enemy Headquarters), but like 5 wins.
  5. PVP Related Accolades
    Give people scaling side goals to strive for over longer term game play. Building up points and offering more titles or things of that nature certainly can't hurt.
    Yeah, but stuff that is keyed to work in PvP only.
I don't know the best way to go about it, but it would be great to see more people interested in PVP. I'd rather not see people doing this just to get stuff,

Unfortunately, there will always be leechs who couldn't put their socks on in the morning without their mommy.

So what do you think? Rewards may not be the meat and potatoes of PVP, but they do make some nice icing on the cake (when is dinner!?). What are some changes that could be made to increase PVP participation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Leechers are the one thing that drives me nuts in PvP, but I somehow suspect that increasing rewards for victories would just tempt people to leech more, not to participate more. ANd it would make it even more aggravating to know that you had missed out on victory due to a leecher.
I think a proportionate reward for participation would cover this. Your team wins but has a leech, the four split the bounty and the leech gets NOTHING! Let me say it again, you don't participate you get NOTHING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
I'd say to remove emblem rewards from PvP, but add more opportunities for emblems elsewhere to make up the difference.
NO, there are those of us (not, me) who won't do the grinding. They should not be locked out of emblems in their venue of choice.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Can we go for a healing/damage rebalance or a combat fatigue system?

Going from 2% to 100% in the blink of an eye is silly.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-17-2011, 02:49 AM
I think we should have a daily that gives us the old Marks of Honour. Removing the MoH from VA/LG gameplay while letting Medals of Exploration remain obtainable was a <choose your own adjective> decision by Cryptic.

And yes, more Emblem rewards for FvK and winning.

I campaigned for the return of MoHs and I lamented the end of the PVP faction. [Attention: these are old threads that will get you infractions if you reply to them.]
But sadly, I have lost hope.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-17-2011, 07:34 AM
I wouldn't mind a three tiered system for this.

Badges that allow you to get uncommon items.
Marks that allow you to get rare items.
Emblems that allow you to get very rare items.

No tier distinction - just increase the reward and cost of higher tier items. No conversions required. If an Uncommon Mark II Beam Array costs 5 Badges, a Mark X would cost 50 or something like that...
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
I think we should have a daily that gives us the old Marks of Honour. Removing the MoH from VA/LG gameplay while letting Medals of Exploration remain obtainable was a <choose your own adjective> decision by Cryptic.

And yes, more Emblem rewards for FvK and winning.

I campaigned for the return of MoHs and I lamented the end of the PVP faction. [Attention: these are old threads that will get you infractions if you reply to them.]
But sadly, I have lost hope.
Considering emblems can be converted on a 1:1 basis with Marks of Honor, I assume you just mean that you want the reward changed from 3 (emblems) to 5 (marks)?

While I have seen some PvPers here say that they don't want to do any PvE for emblems, it's a much more rough grind as you have to spend about 9-10 times more on PvP dailies than if you did PvE as well (I regularly earn 25-30 emblems a day on my main Fed, because I'll do every emblem mission except STFs regularly).
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-17-2011, 09:07 AM
Quote:

(I regularly earn 25-30 emblems a day on my main Fed, because I'll do every emblem mission except STFs regularly).
dam i get about 3-6 a week, ah well good job the gear is not decisive
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-17-2011, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Considering emblems can be converted on a 1:1 basis with Marks of Honor, I assume you just mean that you want the reward changed from 3 (emblems) to 5 (marks)?
No. I do not want the reward changed. I want an additional daily that gives Marks. Just like the 2 different exploration dailies (one gives emblems, the other one marks of exploration).

Earning emblems through PVE is not difficult, but it takes time. Time during which I cannot PVP unless it is a super fast mission that i can do between pvp pops. Therefore I want more options to earn emblems through PVP. Additional missions for winning matches, for defeating X players of the opposing faction, etc. Let the players decide whether they prefer PVP or PVE for earning their emblems.

Back in the good old days, there were 3 kinds of marks: Exploration, Honour and Valour. Since I suppose that only few players do an STF every day, we had essentially a 50:50 parity between PVE and PVP regarding rewards. This situation has been massively changed in favour of PVE. And some of the decisions, like keeping the MoE daily at VA/LG, but not the MoH one, are quite puzzling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardept View Post
dam i get about 3-6 a week, ah well good job the gear is not decisive
"Good news": With the ground revamp, gear will become more important (purple weapons having inherently more DPS than white ones). I guess this will eventually come to space, too.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-19-2011, 12:36 AM
There is one reward I would be interesting in. Paying respecs with those badges we get from pvp....and perhaps pve also, so its even.