Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
OK, I'm just gonna vent here. I've been working on getting my Ambassador status for two weeks, JUST because I wanted to get a federation Gorn. YES, a FEDERATION Gorn- in a FEDERATION uniform. To my EXTREME displeasure, I get the Gorn, and it's stuck in a KDF uniform. Two weeks work on this thing, for a total waste. I don't want that on my bridge, same as I don't want the Reman-Batman, and I don't want Mr. Freeze in his fridge suit either!

Why can't we change the body uniforms of these characters? It shouldn't be that hard to allow. I am extremely dead-set on using a common uniform amongst my crew. It is very very aggravating to work so tirelessly on a reward that does not have common sense customization options available when you get it.

Not to go too negative on my first post, but I'm steaming mad at the moment. The little things just drive me nuts. Forgive my venting, thanks for reading.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-16-2011, 07:14 PM
It's actually harder than you might expect to code uniform options for different races. They make the rewards the same so they can be released faster. Otherwise it would require more coding and testing time, which Cryptic doesn't have.

They may (and probably will) go back and update those officers to allow customization, but it will be a long time down the road. Go look at the Engineering Report that Stahl just posted, and you'll see how long their to-do list is.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-16-2011, 07:16 PM
1) It's an exchange officer. We've seen this before, and they maintained their traditional uniform.
...That said, Cyptic would like to allow you to change their uniform, but...
2) The parts don't fit. It's really that simple. They're completely redoing the Gorn however (the art is kicking around if you haven't seen it), and are apparently working on how outfits are handled and will allow for changing uniforms on these officers in the future. No ETA on this that I know of, but likely before the First Officer stuff is implemented with the ability to promote BOffs to captains.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Like someone else stated. He/She is an exchange officer. TNG Episode where Worf's brother Kern came aboard. Kept his KDF garb. Another example Seven of Nine, Neelix and the little blonde tart, I cannot remember her name and the Vulcan chic from Enterprise. I'm sure there are other examples, just can't think of them right now. So it's not unprecedented.

By the way Congrats Ambassador.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard454 View Post
...and the little blonde tart, I Cannot remember her name.
I believe you're referring to Kes. But really, she was kind of the anti-tart. She was the "cutesy widdle gud girl who wouldn't hurt a fly!"
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-16-2011, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Like someone else stated. He/She is an exchange officer. TNG Episode where Worf's brother Kern came aboard. Kept his KDF garb. Another example Seven of Nine, Neelix and the little blonde tart, I Cannot remember her name. I'm sure there are other examples, just can't think of them right now. So it's not unprecedented.

Kes.

/10char
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-16-2011, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren View Post
Kes.

/10char
I ninja'ed you. :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-16-2011, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Like someone else stated. He/She is an exchange officer. TNG Episode where Worf's brother Kern came aboard. Kept his KDF garb. Another example Seven of Nine, Neelix and the little blonde tart, I cannot remember her name and the Vulcan chic from Enterprise. I'm sure there are other examples, just can't think of them right now. So it's not unprecedented.

Riker also kept his uniform when he was on exchange to that BoP (and vice versa)
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-17-2011, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
I believe you're referring to Kes. But really, she was kind of the anti-tart. She was the "cutesy widdle gud girl who wouldn't hurt a fly!"
that changed in season 6 when she came back all insane.

no fly deaths were reported though.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-17-2011, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
that changed in season 6 when she came back all insane.

no fly deaths were reported though.
Still not very tarty though. She was just sort of withered and cranky... :p