Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-17-2011, 01:04 AM
I'm satisfied with my Orion exchange officer... she looks perfectly fine in her KDF gear... or lack thereof... I'd hate to cover her up with Starfleet goop
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-17-2011, 03:23 AM
You were expected the poor lizard to wear what? A tux lol? Good gawd man give 'em a break. Poor fellow simply signed on as an intern for cryin' out loud!
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-17-2011, 03:37 AM
Be happy with what you got... When all the seperate fluff pieces are gone on the shoulders, arms, spinal armor and boots the uniform does not look all that different, sure it is an enemy. Still the bare none fluff uniforms are not that different except that feds have loads more barely different uniforms in comparison to KDF.
Both my KDF captains would love some federation cannon fodder for away missions.
Lt. Commander
# 14 I was more upset
05-17-2011, 05:08 AM
That they have white (common) traits, when by this time in your career you have at least blue or probably purple boffs which have superior traits. I'd like to think that an exchange officer would be someone who is better than average in their skills and open-mindedness; you'd figure any officers who crossed over during a war would probably be intelligence operatives.

I have probably 10 ambassadors on my account. None of them have claimed their reward boffs yet in hopes that they improve the traits on them at some point.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-17-2011, 06:15 AM
i posted the same reaction, but less emotional, when i turned ambassador myself. i too wish to see him in a fed uniform. maybe one day!
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-17-2011, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakkar View Post
That they have white (common) traits, when by this time in your career you have at least blue or probably purple boffs which have superior traits. I'd like to think that an exchange officer would be someone who is better than average in their skills and open-mindedness; you'd figure any officers who crossed over during a war would probably be intelligence operatives.

I have probably 10 ambassadors on my account. None of them have claimed their reward boffs yet in hopes that they improve the traits on them at some point.
I'm working towards my first but they are just common BOFFs? After all the time to put in, yeah that's a why bother because you will have more colored ones than you can use by that point.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-17-2011, 08:37 AM
I've never understood exactly what is so different about the kdf skeletons that they cant be used with fed uniforms. We have klingon feds...

In fact the only difference I can see between characters outside of clothing is their head, hands, and feet in some cases. I wish the gorn update included the ability to put them in a fed uniform. Even if it is just a limited number of them...same with breen and remans. I dont want anymore special boffs til they allow the ones we have to wear our uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormstryke
I'm working towards my first but they are just common BOFFs? After all the time to put in, yeah that's a why bother because you will have more colored ones than you can use by that point.
Stahl said awhile back that they'd make them on par with other special BOffs in a balance pass eventually but there's been no progress on that front.

I hope they can mix and match uniforms once they get access to Fed uniforms. I'd love, say, a Klingon vet cloak and a Federation vet belt on my Gorn. Or an Orion with a Mirror Universe top and loincloth ensemble. That kind of thing.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-17-2011, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
I've never understood exactly what is so different about the kdf skeletons that they cant be used with fed uniforms. We have klingon feds...

In fact the only difference I can see between characters outside of clothing is their head, hands, and feet in some cases. I wish the gorn update included the ability to put them in a fed uniform. Even if it is just a limited number of them...same with breen and remans. I dont want anymore special boffs til they allow the ones we have to wear our uniforms.
It's mainly the Gorn feet but partly also the Nausicaan necks, I think.

Textures are assigned per race, also. So if you start doing demo editing like I once tried to do in order to make a Conan type guy, I could put female haircuts on male heads (some clipped, some looked cool) but I had to use Orion male chest geo for the barechested look.

And you can't use most pants on a Gorn because the geo doesn't exist yet

It's a fun way of tinkering around, though. It's interesting to me what works out of the box (for example, KDF baldrics on Federation uniforms works fine, just would need to be enabled) and what doesn't work. (For example, I dunno, TNG pants on an Orion, maybe?)
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Still not very tarty though. She was just sort of withered and cranky... :p
I agree, not very Tartish. I personally like a lot more sexy in the homicidal *****es I have to encounter.:p