Lt. Commander
# 1 Thoron distortion field?
06-17-2011, 01:16 PM
Hi

What is the Thoron distortion field and what dose it do? and the same question in regards to re-active shielding.

I'm assuming these are components and if I'm right how do I obtain them?

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-17-2011, 01:41 PM
The Thoron Distortion Field is a Set Bonus of the Aegis set (When you've equipped 2 pieces on the same ship). It Gives you a slight bonus to your defense whilst moving. Basically, when in combat, as long as your ship is moving, you get a slight defensive bonus.

The Reactive Shielding is a Set Bonus. (Again, Aegis) which activates when you have all pieces equipped. While your shields are on, your ship gets the passive ability "Reactive Shielding," which grants you a stacking defense bonus against a specific type of energy weapon. If you are fighting Klingons, or Romulans, you will get a stacking defense buff against Disruptor Damage. It stacks all the way to 10, but only affects your ship's hull (as far as I know) meaning as long as your shields are up, not much is happening.

The Aegis set is a craftable group of items, but if you don't have max crafting skill, it can be difficult to obtain. If this is the case, I recommend you ask someone to do it for you, or ask a member in your fleet (assuming you have one).
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Copy-pasted from STOWiki's Aegis page:

Quote:
Passive
While moving the Thoron Distortion Field will grant a +15 bonus defense by deceiving sensors into targeting duranium shadows.
Full article.