Lt. Commander
# 121
06-12-2009, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_reaper87 View Post
This Mining vessel had been augmented with Borg tech.
http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Narada

I was wondering about this just now myself. I suppose putting borg tech on a mining ship was a smart move, who would suspect a civilian ship would be so big and and have the kind of firepower that it has in the movie.
Lt. Commander
# 122
06-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nean800 View Post
Books are considered PARTIAL CANON. Cite: Mem Alpha and the DEV's
Awesome.. My fave is The Battle of Betazed. Does this mean I get to kill with my mind if I play a betazoid?
Lt. Commander
# 123
06-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjam380 View Post
Brilliant to have Jake Sisko as the narrator. Are we to take it that he has been the one writing these supplemental logs all along?

I have to agree; the Jake angle was great.

(I don't recall seeing it in the paths- was the return of the Sisko from the Prophets considered part of the STO timeline?)
Lt. Commander
# 124
06-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elta_and_Zletha View Post
Somehow, that doesn't sound like Worf at all... =(
Really? Actually sounds like him to me, (actually just finished watching Soldiers of the Empire- like the beeps and boops from the episode menu are the background noise)... Maybe picturing him more DS9 than TNG?
Lt. Commander
# 125
06-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
lol.....
Are you "lol"ing because of the not paying attention to Nero being from the future (i.e., the TNG timeframe), or because Romulans, assuming they don't have a certain Cardassian gardner or other unfortunate accident, tend to live around 200 years old like their Vulcan counterparts...? :p
Lt. Commander
# 126
06-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat40 View Post
They really need to fix these stories now that the movie has been released. It seems like they thought the klingon fleet destroyed in the movie was in the current time line when actually it was in the alternate time line 150 years in the past.

Nero's ship was just a normal mining vessel in this time it wouldn't have stood a chance against a Klingon warship, much less a fleet lead by Worf. 150 years in the past it would be hot stuff though. That is where it killed a klingon fleet.

I guess its too much to hope that they rewrite this stuff since they probably have content using this fiction already. I just wish the writer had gotten an actual script rather than leaks and rumors before making this time line.

Foxbat
*facepalm* you really need to do some research into this.

- Nero did destroy a klingon fleet before falling into the red matter explosion. It was led by worf. The klingon fleet mentioned in the movie was just a tos era klingon fleet.

-Nero's ship was originally a minning vessel. Except after Romulus blew up he refitted the ship with borg tech. This made it overkill.

-This games timeline kept track of the progress of the movie and the articles before the movie even came out. The timeline in this game incorporates and leads up to the overall Star Trek 11 story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
According to the DS9 novels, Jake moved to Bajor and worked as archaeologist until the prophesy, where he ended up in the Gamma Quadrant. Then ended up saving Bajor from alien parasites (ancient enemy?). Then when he's in his 30s (which is now) he married Azeni Korena, then worked on his novel Anslem.
I hate to shoot down your point especially because i like the books but the books aren't considered canon and aren't being used as canon in this games timeline. Certain elements of the novels may be used but not the novels themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 127
06-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Great Job!
Lt. Commander
# 128
06-12-2009, 12:48 PM
At a couple points in the article they talked about Qo'Nos as if they weren't currently on that planet, yet in the beginning it says that's where they are. That was kind of confusing but otherwise an enjoyable read.

example:
Quote:
I didnít think you had! Anyone who knows you knows that couldnít be true! What I wanted to know is whatís been happening on QoínoS since then. Do you feel safe there?

[COLOR="rgb(65, 105, 225)"][He laughs. Itís not a sight you see often, so Iím fascinated.][/color] I am as safe there as anywhere. Chancellor Martok has made clear his support for me. Anyone who dares question me will have to face him. And I relish the chance to do battle and defend my name!
Quote:
According to the DS9 novels, Jake moved to Bajor and worked as archaeologist until the prophesy, where he ended up in the Gamma Quadrant. Then ended up saving Bajor from alien parasites (ancient enemy?). Then when he's in his 30s (which is now) he married Azeni Korena, then worked on his novel Anslem.
They didn't say anywhere in this article that he wasn't working on a book. Perhaps he's doing that and writing for the Federation News Service? Most writers do several writing projects at once...
Lt. Commander
# 129 Thanks!
06-12-2009, 01:17 PM
Thanks! As I said, I had a blast writing it. Usually I write the Supplemental Logs and Kestrel writes the Path. The rest of the time she's quite busy working directly on the game (and doing a fantastic job, I might add).

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Martin View Post
Well heck! I thought this little gem was Kestrel's doing!! Nicely done Alivet! I enjoyed reading it immensely!
Lt. Commander
# 130
06-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_reaper87 View Post
This Mining vessel had been augmented with Borg tech.

According to who? In the movie they made no mention of it. Nor would it be necessary for a ship from the future to be modified with Borg tech to destroy many ships 150 years in the past. The path stories list it as "heavily modified" but I believe this is a statement they made up to help make this huge plot snafu fit.

I am just saying it makes no sense. The only Klingon fleet destroyed by a Mining vessel was 150 years in the past in the movie. They must have been writing based off of leaked info or rumors and mistakenly written in the destruction of a Klingon fleet in the future.

Hate to point it out and rain on a parade. It is a good piece of writing and really captured the spirit of Worf and Jake.

I am just hoping that they can re write it in some way so that the Klingon fleet in the future was destroyed by something believable not just a single mining ship. (Since the destruction of the Klingon fleet is a plot device used in their story it still has to happen) Say it was destroyed by a plasma storm thrown off by the implosion of the supernova.

Foxbat