Lt. Commander
# 71
06-11-2009, 06:13 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm not really fond of this supplement.

That's not how Worf would act, especially hiding behind Martok like a shield.

As for Jake Sisko, he's in his 30's by now. He supposed to be a novelist, not continuing being a reporter.
Lt. Commander
# 72
06-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post

As for Jake Sisko, he's in his 30's by now. He supposed to be a novelist, not continuing being a reporter.
well maybe he had a change of heart?

lets see this one wasnt bad. i was surprised to find out Jake did this report.
Lt. Commander
# 73
06-11-2009, 06:40 PM
As soon as I heard "close to my family" I knew who it was. And who says Jake doesn't dabble in both reporting and novels? It's not uncommon.
Lt. Commander
# 74
06-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Interesting to see whats up with Worf. I have a hard time buying the current "strained relations " between the UFP and the Klingons while Worf and Martok are in positions of influence...but we are only up to 2388 in the timeline so something obviously changed
Lt. Commander
# 75
06-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Awesome! I never even thought about how the war between the Federation and the Klingons would effect someone like Worf....
Lt. Commander
# 76
06-11-2009, 07:01 PM
This was a great update! I particularly enjoyed how characters that everyone knows and loves were integrated into the storyline while still moving it forward to an extent. I thought that addressing Worf's situation was a really good idea as well given the current situation since his perspective is different from some of the other more well-known characters of the Star Trek universe.
Lt. Commander
# 77
06-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alivet View Post
Howdy,

I'm glad you guys liked it! I had a blast writing this supplemental, and watching lots of DS9 to make sure I'd get the speech cadences right.

Quick explanation of the gap between the movie and STO, where the comic books go:

In 2387 Spock and Nero, together, try to save Romulus. Spock fails to save Romulus, but does save the rest of the galaxy. Nero blames Spock for the destruction, for not trying hard enough to save Romulus. Nero gets his ship refitted with secret Romulan technology and starts attacking Federation and Klingon ships. Worf leads a fleet of Klingon ships against Nero and nearly gets killed.

Nero sees Spock on his way to save the galaxy and goes after him. That's when they both get caught in the red matter explosion and get sent back in time.

There's a lot going on in the comics. They're worth reading, if you have the interest. If not, this should be enough info to bridge the gap.

-Alivet
It was an interesting read, but if I could make a suggestion; rather then try and write it in a transcript form, you may be able to capture the essence of the moment between with a full story.

Or, even better, get the fans really excited with a short CGI clip with Michael Dorn and Cirroc Lofton playing their characters in it. Not only with this give you a way of showing off the game, it will also allow you to do so in a way that isn't just 'showing off' for the sake of showing off.
Lt. Commander
# 78
06-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Xomic View Post
Or, even better, get the fans really excited with a short CGI clip with Michael Dorn and Cirroc Lofton playing their characters in it. Not only with this give you a way of showing off the game, it will also allow you to do so in a way that isn't just 'showing off' for the sake of showing off.
This sounds unreasonable. It would be quite a feat and take a lot of resources. I'd rather them spend those resources making the game and story.
Lt. Commander
# 79
06-11-2009, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Picard View Post
So Nero lived for over 165 years then? How long do Romulans live?
Like Vulcans, they can live to be over 200 years old. maybe longer with recent medical advances
Lt. Commander
# 80
06-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alivet View Post
Howdy,

I'm glad you guys liked it! I had a blast writing this supplemental, and watching lots of DS9 to make sure I'd get the speech cadences right.

Quick explanation of the gap between the movie and STO, where the comic books go:

In 2387 Spock and Nero, together, try to save Romulus. Spock fails to save Romulus, but does save the rest of the galaxy. Nero blames Spock for the destruction, for not trying hard enough to save Romulus. Nero gets his ship refitted with secret Romulan technology and starts attacking Federation and Klingon ships. Worf leads a fleet of Klingon ships against Nero and nearly gets killed.

Nero sees Spock on his way to save the galaxy and goes after him. That's when they both get caught in the red matter explosion and get sent back in time.

There's a lot going on in the comics. They're worth reading, if you have the interest. If not, this should be enough info to bridge the gap.

-Alivet
Well heck! I thought this little gem was Kestrel's doing!! Nicely done Alivet! I enjoyed reading it immensely!